One iTunes library on Mac and Vista?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mattlongman, Oct 7, 2008.

1. mattlongman macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!

I have an iMac running leopard, and I also have Vista installed on another partition. I rarely use vista (honest!) but when I do, I want to listen to some music.

I have MacDrive for vista so I can access and write to the mac hdd, so I copied the itunes library across, and this works fine, but how can I get itunes in vista to use the library file from where it is, and not copy it over to the windows partition?

I've searched these forums but no luck so far.

Thanks.

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

You can try holding the shift key down when opening iTunes in Vista and it should give you a box that asks you to pick the iTunes library. Browse to the one that you use on the OS X side and select it. This may work but I don't make any promises. Good luck. Let me know if it does work if you don't mind.

3. mattlongman thread starter macrumors newbie

4. mattlongman thread starter macrumors newbie

It kinda works..

Sorry about the long delay in replying.

It kind of works now, but if I open in in mac, then open it in windows, it has to convert the library to the windows. Essentially, it has to convert it each time I use it with the opposite system.