One key off in Turkish keyboard layout - only in Entourage

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by atamer, Jun 13, 2009.

1. atamer macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I have just noticed the weirdest problem, which only comes up in typing within Entourage. I have a Turkısh keyboard and use a Turkish keyboard layout (Turkish QWERTY PC) as you may be able to tell from the occasional missing dots on the i when I type fast (The "normal" i between u and o produces an ı without dot on the Turkish keyboard).

Problem: Turkish knows a capital dotted İ (hope you can see it correctly here).
    This letter refuses to show up as it should on Shift-i, but only when typing in Entourage. Instead, the letter that would be there in the US layout comes up (quotation marks ").

In Word, Excel, Safari there is no problem. And all the other keys work just fine in Entourage too, both upper- and lowercase. I have tried using the other Turkish keyboard layouts (Turkish QWERTY and just Turkish), but they do not correspond to my hardware at all.

Any ideas? Is this just a random bug?

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

I did some quick testing by remapping my keyboard to the Turkish QWERTY PC keyboard (since I don't have one of them lying around my office here in California!), and didn't see any problems with Entourage in Leopard.

Can you give me some more information about your set-up?

1. What version of OS X are you using?
    2. What version of Entourage are you using?
    3. What font are you using in Entourage?
    4. If you use a different font in Entourage, can you get the İ?

I also have to admit that I'm not an international keyboard expert, so I wonder if the information here is of any use to you.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. atamer thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for late reply. Problem solved by avoidance.

Hi Nadyne,

the notification of the reply drowned in lots of spam in my mailbox, so sorry I only saw it now. Equally sorry to report I cannot check on your questions re: fonts anymore as I am no longer using Entourage and have even uninstalled it. Have switched to Apple Mail / iCal / Addressbook and am quite happy with this setup, especially since it allows me to sync my notes to my iPhone without problems. (Plus, I can make İ's :) ) So thanks, I have solved my problem by avoiding it...

4. Vivien80 macrumors newbie