Ok, I know I have made multiple threads about what I should buy, but I realized some things about my situation and this is my last "what should I buy thread." Here we go: I sold my iMac G3 a couple years ago. I have my photos/music/files scattered among a bunch of ZIP drives, CDs, CF cards, and two computers. I have $300 in Apple Store gift certificates and a little under $2000 to spend. I have wanted a new Mac and an iPod for a couple years now but have kept putting it off because I knew something better was always around the corner. This is what I mainly want to use a new Mac for: iLife, Office, internet, and Dreamweaver. I don't need portability and I don't really like laptops. You get less for what you pay for and I would have to buy a keyboard, mouse, and monitor to be able to use a laptop at home. I don't like the eMac's CRT display, the Powermac is too expensive, and I don't have an extra keyboard, mouse, and display to use with a Mini. Because of these reasons, I decided the iMac G5 would be the best Mac for my needs. A couple months ago, I decided to wait for a revision B iMac G5 since I thought it would come with standard 512 MB RAM, an 8X Superdrive and updated graphics card with more video RAM. I also wanted to wait for OSX 10.4 and was worried about the current iMac's fan noise issues. My situation now is that I will be living in Europe starting in late summer for about 9 months to a year. I really want a computer before then, but I don't want to take it with me to Europe. I just want something so I can organize all my stuff in one place, buy an iPod that I will take to Europe, and have a computer I can call my own and that I can use during these next 6 months and then when I come home. My question is: What would you do if you were in my situation? I also don't want to spend too much money since I won't really be using the thing during my time in Europe (other than when I come home to visit). Is buying refurbished a good idea? What should I do? Also, the thing that worries me the most about the current iMac is the fan noise problems. Is the problem less widespread than it seems? Does it have a fix yet? About revision B, I have heard that it could come out earliest March and latest June. Is this true? Could it only be updated in June? The fact that it might only be updated in June is the main reason I would want to buy now.