One Little Irritating thing I didn't realize about my iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pomeless, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Pomeless macrumors regular

This is quite the typical thing when moving from one phone to another. You become so used to a feature that it becomes painfully obvious when you get your new phone.

For me and my new iPhone it is the Recent Calls list. Why so short?

I often used this feature on my old LG phone to find numbers of people who called me but I failed to save them to my contacts. Not gonna happen with my new iPhone. Oh well. It's just mildly irritating.

Do you guys have any other little pet peeves like this?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I suppose short is relative
    Seems quite long and adequate to me

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Definitely relative. With the limited number of calls I make, I was recently able to go back 3 or 4 weeks to a call I had made to retrieve the number.

4. dave420 macrumors 65816

Yea mine goes back to January 8th, but I don't make that many calls. My work phone gets a few more calls and goes back two weeks. I don't have the need for much more. I wish voicemails stayed longer. I have some from 2009 for some reason, but more recent ones have been deleted.

5. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Not being able to delete single calls from the list. I don't get the all or nothing approach when it comes to this :confused:

6. dave420 macrumors 65816

They fixed this issue for text messages a while back, so hopefully they do the same for phone calls in the future.

7. Pomeless thread starter macrumors regular

Relative to my needs it's short. My recent calls only go back to 2/17/11. For me one week of call history is short. Glad to here that you guys don't really get too many calls. (That is a blessing.) I suppose it works for you. I can live with it but I would definitely like it to go a little longer.

8. dgree03 macrumors 65816

dgree03

I have a lot of pet peeves going from android to iphone.

-Bouncing you out of the app store everytime you download something
    -No back button to quickly go back to your previous app
    -Tabs in safari reloading everytime i switch between a few
    -Asking for my password everytime for FREE apps
    -No color coded labels using gmail in mail app
    -Notifications!!(This made me switch back immediately)
    -No dynamic weather using locations(I loved that I didnt have to manually change my location to get weather information on android)
    -The aggressive nature of the autocorrect function

But only one going from iphone back to android. That was the browser smoothness. Android just isnt as smooth.. not like it really affects the functionality... its just asthetically not pleasing.

Almost everything on the Iphone is very nice and polished looking. Something I miss also..

9. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I HATE this. The damned thing should have an option to save the password or something. I appreciate there is a security concern, but that should be the choice of the user, not forced upon us by Apple.

10. Pomeless thread starter macrumors regular

I've not had a smartphone until now so I was not sure what all the fuss was about when it came to notifications. Now I see. If the phone is not on mute I hear a beep, buzz, tone, or whatever. I go to the phone unlock the screen.... and.... wonder. If it's on mute (which is often the discreet thing) you might notice the vibrate.... and.... more wondering. I hope that they tighten this up a bit.

11. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

So you're also going to complaint when the "terms of agreement" is revised (which is very often for iTunes) and you have to acknowledge it? I mean to each their own, but now you guys are just getting (too) picky. Deal with it and move on...

12. dime21 macrumors 6502

Perhaps one should be asking -why- this legal agreement is constantly being revised.....

13. dime21 macrumors 6502

There's a good joke in here somewhere. :D