Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elgrecomac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
San Diego
I understand the desire to utilize Bootcrap...I mean, Bootcamp...for Windows 7 RC but as a owner and user of Fusion, I am not experiencing ANY of the issues others are having under bootcamp. No BSOD...not once, not ever. No non-functioning keyboards, trackpad or mice...not once, not ever. No wireless issues....again, not once, not ever.

Yes, WinBootcamp performs better than a virtual environment but given that I am using apps that don't exist on the Mac I am willing to sacrifice a hit on performance for stability, ease of setup, ease of use and ease of backup and recovery. And isn't stability and ease of use two of the biggest selling points of a Mac anyway?

I know there are some apps that don't like virtual environments but, i gotta tell ya, the BS I see people having to deal with when it comes to bootcamp is, in my opinion, just not worth it.

:eek:

wesrk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
I currently have Win 7, and had XP prior to that since february of last year, installed through bootcamp but also used with parallels, zero problems except for running out of memory using parallels, other than that it worked like a charm. The thing with windows 7 is that you have to do a little thing with the setup.exe inside the leopard dvd in order to run the installer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.