One minute without my iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skwoytek, Mar 4, 2008.

1. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

There I was at the Foo Fighters show in San Diego last night. All night long, two people in front of me had been taking pictures of Dave with their iPhones.

[​IMG]

So I decided to take my iPhone out to snap some photos... just as All My Life began.

I'd had it out for about 10 seconds before some ass jumps up to crowd surf... the first and only of the night. My finger was on the shutter release as this guy's foot comes spinning over my head. The resulting shot.

[​IMG]

Yes, that's my iPhone spinning through the air.

It felt like the iPhone had been sent flying forward, which was good since that was the edge of the stage and a secure area... I thrust my way past the row of people in front of me and quickly scanned the floor between the gate and the stage... Nothing.

I looked down at my feet... Nothing. Panic set in.

Despite the hundreds of people bouncing up and down, I hit the floor on all fours... Nothing.

I frantically searched the floor. After what seemed like an eternity, I spot a glow about three people away and to my left. It was the faint glow of my iPhone. At the risk of my fingers, which meant nothing at this point unless I had my iPhone to use them on, I pushed my way across to my phone. It was in my hand, the worst part was over.

After returning to my feet, I finally looked at my iPhone. I don't know if it was stepped on, bounced on, kicked or what... But there was nothing wrong. Only the most minor of scratches on the back that I can't even guarantee weren't already there. My iPhone had survived over a minute on the floor of the Foo Fighters concert.

I was more distraught than when my two-month old Honda Accord was rear-ended. Of course, my car had insurance - unlike my iPhone.

As I told my girlfriend, she was shocked that I even attempted to use it. The really strange part, I still wanted some photos... This time, with a death grip.

[​IMG]

2. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

3. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Awesome pics! The one flying through the air is really strange. The one at the end is great!

Glad your iPhone survived!

4. Hockey man macrumors newbie

Hockey man

5. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

how about saying thank god your ok and the iphone lol :D

6. meagain macrumors 68030

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I got dizzy...

just looking at the red & white twirling thing! LOL Glad everything is "good-to-go." :cool:

8. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

My iPhone does NOT take pics anywhere new that quality in low light situations. Is something broken?!

Good story though and great pics!

9. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yeah I don't know how people take such good pictures with the iPhone. My pictures always look like absolute garbage, even outside in daylight.

10. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Haha, great story! I felt the panic just reading it!

11. skwoytek thread starter macrumors 6502a

To be honest...

Out of 25 photos taken that night, only about four turned out worth showing anyone...

Attached Files:

12. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Hey nice pictures and glad to hear your iPhone survived the show! I'm glad I didn't have an iPhone when I saw them live last year, because I think the same thing would have happened to me (I was basically in the exact same spot relative to the stage that you were - except on the other side), except I bet I wouldn't have found it again! And I realize this thread is like a year old, but the Foo are eternal lol!

13. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Wow.. I'm amazed. It's good to have that skill - death grip :p

14. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

15. Haephestos macrumors regular

16. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

That's one thing among many I don't like about the iPhone camera. The button to snap the photo is at the very bottom so your grip on the phone is dainty at best. I always feel like I'm going to drop it. Especially if I'm trying to shoot my girlfriend and I (self-portrait). They should rework it to be a transparent "box" in the center of the screen or something.

17. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

yeah...I would never take pictures that close at a concert...be it with my camera or iphone. just spells disaster!

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Glad you got your phone back, that would have scared the crap out of me.

19. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

Wow that was lucky! Nothing broken aswell :D Nice concert, was it good?

20. Snuff macrumors newbie

You're sure lucky not to have put it in your back pocket!

21. Apple iKid macrumors regular

That is one of those "life just stopped" moments. I know if that happened to me, everything would just go in slow-mo until I found it. Its kind of like when you drop it for the first time (what? it happens to everyone... :() and your heart just stops.

22. diemos macrumors 6502

iphone camera sucks, why didn't you take a normal camera? and it very surprising how many people had iphone in that first pic, lol.

23. Apple iKid macrumors regular

I always bring my iPhone to take pictures at shows. Its just too much of a hassle to carry around a camera. You can get the occasional decent picture out of it though. I really hope that they improve the camera on the next iPhone.

24. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Woo! Foo Fighters!! :D

Glad it's not broke - What a miricle!