One month old MBP won't turn on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brokenmacbookkk, Jan 31, 2013.

1. brokenmacbookkk macrumors newbie

I got my MacBook a few days after Christmas, the 29th of December, and now the thing won't even turn on. I turned it off last night and this morning nothing works, not even the button on the side that shows battery life. It usually makes the normal sound and then the apple chime but now it literally does nothing. The charger usually is bright green but now it's a very dim green, and I can hear a faint clicking noise coming from the charger. Also, when I try to press the power button, the very light green starts blinking light green and orange. I don't know what to do, I just got this thing a month ago and I don't have AppleCare :(

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You still have a warranty (1 year) so call apple or take it to local apple store.

3. guruJust1n macrumors member

Don't do anything to it. Like maflynn said, take it to the Apple store and let them take care of it.

4. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

sounds like your battery is dead. disconnect the power cord and connect it again a few times until it lights up bright green. if the light is dim green there is a problem with the connection.

5. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

6. mike5065 macrumors newbie

take the charger with you. it could be the problem.

7. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

8. marc11 macrumors 68000

You don't know what to do? Take it in for warranty repair :rolleyes: And you created a login like that, guess you will never come back here again unless it breaks in the future lol.

9. a-m-k macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

What is the status of your MacBook as of right now, and if it was fixed, what was the problem?