One more reason to get the Mac Mini

generik

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
It is apparently covered by worldwide Applecare cover! Something that even the iMac isn't!

Only discovered this clause when I got my APP certificate for my Macbook and was reading the terms and conditions for the service. Guess I will get APP for the coming Mini too :D

LionsKiss

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2006
HK
Odd. on their site they still state

If you purchased the product in the U.S. and Canada, deliver the product, at your expense, to any Apple Authorized Service Provider located in U.S. and Canada. If you purchased the product in Latin America or the Caribbean, deliver the product to any Apple Authorized Service Provider in the country where you purchased the product. If the product is portable, meaning that it can operate independently without a power cord, you may obtain warranty service worldwide. Be aware, however, that not all countries have Apple Authorized Service Providers and not all Authorized Service Providers outside the country of purchase have all parts or replacement units for the product. If the product cannot be repaired or replaced in the country it is in, it may need to be sent to a different country or returned to the country of purchase at your expense for repair or replacement
http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/wty-post1997.html

generik

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
Try reading this:

http://www.apple.com/legal/applecare/appna.pdf

1. Repair Coverage
a. Scope of Coverage. Your coverage for defects begins on the date your Covered Equipment’s Apple hardware warranty expires and terminates at the end of
the Coverage Period (“Repair Coverage Period”). If the product is a Mac mini or is a portable product, meaning that it can operate independently without a
power cord, Apple will provide worldwide repair or replacement service, as described below. If the product is neither a Mac mini nor portable, then Apple
may restrict service to the United States and Canada. Apple will provide both parts and labor, but may require you to replace certain readily installable parts
yourself, as described below. Apple may provide replacement product or parts that are manufactured from new, refurbished, or serviceable used parts. The
replacement product or parts will be functionally equivalent to the replaced products or parts and will assume the remaining coverage under the Plan. The
products or parts that are replaced become Apple’s property. Apple strongly advises you to record as a back up, data and software residing or recorded in
the Covered Equipment, before having the Covered Equipment available for repair or replacement services. The scope of support provided to you will vary
according to the Plan you purchased, as follows...
I like how they specifically include the Mac Mini :)

LionsKiss

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2006
HK
Cool! That is nice =)...good find. Maybe there should be a sticky about warranties and list which products have worldwide support and which dont.

Great find Generik

generik

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
I think for now it is probably iPods, Minis, and the Macbooks... if only the Mac Pros and iMacs are covered too :rolleyes:

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I remember correctly a genius telling me it was now worldwide on all computers i even remember it being major news on AppleInsider or macworld. I guess if you want to play it safe then......

Edit: Found the story! Enjoy

LionsKiss

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2006
HK
It does not seem so authorative (the article)

Apple Computer this week expanded its global warranty coverage to its entire computer system matrix, AppleInsider has been told.

I am pretty sure apple would had updated their information about warranties quickly. Easiest thing would be to contact support and ask them I guess

generik

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
I'd say the same too, I wouldn't put much store into it especially in view that the T&C for AppleCare is quite explicit about this.