one more thing (replacing cracked LCD?)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by damaster102, Mar 6, 2009.

1. damaster102 macrumors newbie

umm yaw this about the lcd touch screen umm i got the 1st gen iphone i think and the lcd screen is f'ed up(the bottom where it say phone and ipod aint working) and i wanna buy a new one but all i can find is the 3g screen... does it really matter witch screeen i buy.... o and i wanna lisen to music is there any other way i can lisen to music on it cuz like i said the bottom half of the lcd is messed up so no touch.....:confused::eek:

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    there might be links on ifixit, and the complete step-by-step instructions are there too. :D

3. damaster102 thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is that my iphone LCD screen is cracked. I were just wondering do it matter if i purchase any type of iphone screen for my iphone 1st gen. by the way is it possible for me to listen to music on my iphone even though the bottom half where it say phone,mail,and ipod dont work? smh

4. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Yes, use the home button double-click to bring up the ipod controls in the top half of the screen, and the headphone clicker to pause, skip, etc

5. damaster102 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. iFerd macrumors 6502a

The screens on the first generation iPhone and the 3G are slightly different sizes. Screen protectors are not interchangeable. So at least the glass is different. Not sure about the underlying display.

7. damaster102 thread starter macrumors newbie

so i cant buy any iphone screen:eek: o and wat about my videos how can i watch them?