One more thing...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ErikAndre, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

January. The Mac Pro is coming in January and will most likely be one of those "One More Thing..." gigs. Your thoughts?

Think about it... Steve always likes to give a punch on his "One More Thing..." gig. Over the past couple "One More Thing(s)", it hasn't been very impressive. Maybe a little, but nothing like it's used to be. Investors want something to look forward to, this may be it.

Picture this...
    Apple most likely plans to highlight the MacWorld event around the new MacBook, maybe even give an SDK for the iPhone and give updated numbers on Leopard and the product range before debuting it. Much ooohs and ahhs as Steve demos it and explain how the new MacBook works (touch screen, works like the iPhone, etc...). Then, the show is about to wrap up and he gives the "One More Thing" speel. He brings up the MacPro and talks about all the sales, specs, and details on it over the years and how it's never changes (you know, the ole' steve gig... la di da). Then he says there's something new... the screen shows a pic of the mac pro that dissapears and shows the new design... he then show the specs and unveils the 45n chip inside. Ohh and ahs. He may even announce a February/March release date (ouch.. yeah... gut feeling).

I just don't think the new Mac Pro is 100% ready... be 99%, but not 100%... I think other manufactures are not releasing their computers until at least January (maybe december) for the same reason. Still... Apple may need this time to get it running smoothly.

Of course, i'll be checking the boards religiously to see if something, anything, will prove me wrong, but deep down inside... the "One More Thing" gig for the Mac Pro just seems like the most legitimate candidate (especially since it's probably not ready yet).

This is why I don't think it will be announced until January.

2. deathshrub macrumors 6502

3. ErikAndre thread starter macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Hence why i used words like "think", "may", "maybe", "picture this..." :eek:

4. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

I think that's a very good guess. I think we'll see see a new Pro with case mods in Jan at MW :)

5. TheThirdMan macrumors regular

TheThirdMan

not sure if the release date will be postponed 2 months just so steve can say "one more thing".

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I hope the "one more thing" will be an early iPhone/touch SDK...if coupled with a 32GB touch, I'll jump in :)

7. Jonny427 macrumors regular

I don't think the mac pro would qualify for "one more thing" status. It'll either be the new notebook or the iphone SDK. I think the mac pro will probably be one of the first things he'll announce (after the obligatory leopard praising).

8. wentwj macrumors regular

Yeah the Mac Pro isn't "one more thing"-able, especially at the SFMW which is more consumerish of a show I think (at least thats what people say around here).

I suspect the Mac Pro will be just normal MacWorld fodder and the ultra portable will be the "one more thing".

Either way, the result is new mac pros after macworld.

9. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

^ 100% speculation ^

10. nigrunze macrumors regular

The MacBook Pro was One More Thinged and wasn't the PowerBook G4 as well? Those are both professional computers, just like the Mac Pro.

11. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

The stage would get trampled if it's delayed even more. There would be a final thunderous applause if Steve says, "Shipping... Today!"

12. wentwj macrumors regular

Yes yes, 100% speculation, but does anyone SERIOUSLY think apple will keep the Mac Pro at it's current spec PAST MacWorld? It would basically be giving up on a workstation machine. I suspect it'll be a fair big deal upgrade, but at the very least by MacWorld I would be MIGHTY surprised if there wasn't at least a silent upgrade

13. network23 macrumors 6502

network23

Would prefer instead to hear a thunderous response of a thousand simultaneous voices shouting

"IT'S ABOUT TIME!"

14. macz1 macrumors 6502

macz1

I'll join the call:

IT'S ABOUT TIME! NOW!!! *thunderously*