Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlusk99

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2013
I have 2 Apple TVs in my home, both Apple TV 3s, both running off the same router (with 60 Mbps connection) in the same house. The one in my bedroom is playing just fine. However I notice the past couple of weeks, the one in the living room (which is actually several feet closer to the router (Time Capsule)) does not seem to be playing anything in HD. For example, everything I play on HBO Go, or from any other source on the Apple TV, appears very pixelated and is clearly not in HD. Seems like the only thing that will truly play in HD is when I stream something from my iTunes library on my computer.

Meanwhile the other Apple TV is playing just fine.

I tried a factory restore and that didn't work.

Any other suggestions?

By the way, since I did a factory restore, I had to reauthenticate HBO Go through Direct TV. From the HBO Go authenticate page, I log in to my Direct Tv account and it is now telling me I DONT have HBO???? What--I certainly DO have HBO. What is going on with that?

jlusk99

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2013
Don't know why I can't get a soul to respond to this. Still having this problem with the Apple TV in my living room and it's driving me crazy. Please help!

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
Silly question.... Are both the TVs your Apple TV setbtop box are attached to HD models?

Also have you tried swapping the boxes to see if the one having the problem does the same thing on the other TV?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.