One of the best things about the MacBook....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SilentLoner, Feb 14, 2013.

1. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Is its keyboard. It has the right amount of give and tactile feedback. Am I alone in thinking this?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Nope. I really like the keyboard feel too. My new 2012 MBP keyboard is much nicer than my old 2006 MBP keyboard.

3. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

I came from a 2008 macbook and the feel of the pro's keyboard sounds and feels great in comparison.

4. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

I *love* the feel of my MBPs keyboard and trackpad. It feels so high quality and smooth.

5. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Yeah but I get paranoid about the touchpad getting its finish "wiped" off like you see on some laptops after extensive use.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

I wouldn't worry too much. There is a glass finish to it, and it holds up pretty well.

7. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

[​IMG]

Like that :)

8. skaertus macrumors 68030

skaertus

I have a white 2008 MacBook and the keyboard is just great, the best keyboard I've ever had in a laptop. Now I wonder whether the keyboard on the retina MacBook Pro is better or worse, since it seems to have less key travel...

9. KPOM macrumors G5

That's one of the older designs with a button. I haven't noticed the issue as much on the newer style touchpads. My mother's mid-2009 15" MBP's touchpad looks almost brand new.

10. maxosx macrumors 68020

The high prices that Apple charge assures they can include good quality components & still keep a nice profit for themselves.

11. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

Noticed a few keys on my new early 2013 15" have a couple keys that are not level with the rest. I have a refurb showing today, so will compare the two. Have looked at another refurb and my work 13" Air which are both perfectly level. :shrugs:

12. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

13. kis macrumors 65816

I've gone through a whole crapload of Windows computers (I need one for work, but don't really want to say goodbye to my rMBP :-/ While the MBP's keyboard is fabulous, the keyboards are actually the only thing some PCs do equally well. The problem lies with the trackpads and the display, mostly.