One of three iphones cancelled, question about switching

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zaft, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

So i was one of the unlucky ones that had one of the three phones i pre ordered cancelled...

it also happened to be mine.. The other two are for my parents, but unlike me they dont really care to have it right away.

So my question is how would i go about switching one of those iphones to my number? Obviously my sim wont go since the new one uses micro.

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

The phones are not tied to their names/accounts.

All you do is activate one of the iPhone 4s by connecting it to your computer and following the prompts in iTunes. ;)

3. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

Serves you right imo.... your parents could have waited until the 2nd or 3rd batch of iPhones.

You just have to activate the phone using your iTunes and it should work. Just enter your number into the activation.

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Serves him right for preordering phones?

What's your problem?

5. Zaft thread starter macrumors 68040

Zaft

I was under the impression the sim card was pre coded with a specific phone number. Thats how it was with the 3gs at least.

6. Zaft thread starter macrumors 68040

Zaft

lol its ok i dont really care what other people think, im just hear to get answers.

7. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

News to me. Not like I haven't been wrong before. Hehe. Maybe someone else here can provide you some insight. :)