Resolved One persistent Cydia download problem...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hakr100, Feb 19, 2013.

1. hakr100, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013

hakr100 macrumors 6502a

Now that the "mad rush" is over with the new jailbreak, I'm not having any problems downloading what I want from Cydia and other repos, except for one program...

biteSMS.

I'm a registered user. I have version 7.3 on my iPhone 5. There's a new version out...7.4.6. But everytime I try to download it, it bombs out with the resulting screen shot I've posted with this thread.

I've contacted the tech support people at biteSMS and they've been responsive but the answer I get seems odd to me. I'm told I can't download the program successfully because of high traffic on Cydia and the other repos. But...I'm not having problems downloading other problems.

So, I guess my question is this: can one app on Cydia be getting so many demands for downloads that that program alone overburdens the Cydia server to the point where it will not download?

Attached Files:

2. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

try removing the old one then reinstall the new one

3. hakr100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks...that did the trick. But...isn't it unusual to have to uninstall a previous version in order to install the latest version?

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Yes it is unusual but not unheard of. I had no problems at all this morning installing 7.4.6 over my current installation. Not sure why you were having so many problems. I was upgrading from the previous beta build and not the public version but regardless, that shouldn't cause any problems. I've installed the beta Bite over the public release many times in the past. Very strange indeed.