ONE POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Using the iPhone 6+ one-handed for texting, etc.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Honey Badger, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

My only complaint about the 6+ is that it makes it very unstable to do things on my phone one-handed like I did with my iPhone 5, especially texting. I initially had the apple leather case on my phone, but then found another case with a kickstand that I thought would be great for using my phone as an alarm clock on my nightstand or setting it up to watch a movie.

Last night I was trying to text a friend one-handed, and I'm not sure why, but it occurred to me to open the kickstand on the back and use it as a stabilizing bar by putting it between my fingers on the back of the phone while I text using my thumb...and voila, it solved the problem for me, I was able to text one-handed with my thumb pretty close to the way I did it with my iPhone 5 with my pinky stabilizing the bottom and it didnt feel like the phone was going to fall out of my hand...Granted there is a learning curve to find the most stable position of the kickstand between your fingers and the stabilization effect does vary from left hand to right hand, but I can now text one-handed pretty close to the way I was doing it with my iPhone 5. It does add that stability for me. This solution might not help everybody and you do have the extra step of pulling the kickstand out to use the phone one-handed, but I thought I would just throw it out there because it does work for me and maybe it will help someone else.

I bought the case at Best Buy. It is called a Platinum Case with Kickstand and Holster. I included a few pictures below to show you what I am talking about. The last picture showing the position of my fingers on the back gives me the most stability and it actually is fairly comfortable regardless of how it looks. Good luck!

Attached Files:

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Interesting idea.

I personally wouldn't try it since kickstand cases are usually thick (maybe this one isn't?). Plus even with the kickstand out I probably still wouldn't be able to reach the full screen, so it would simply be a band-aid over an open wound of a problem.

Glad you found something that works for you though :)

3. Honey Badger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

This case is very thin, almost the same as the leather case. Really, you might be happily surprised at how thin it is. :)

I agree though, it is a band aid. Hopefully somebody will make a special case of some kind that solves the problem naturally or even a new keyboard from a 3rd party that solves the issue.