One pothole in Leopard patched up... VLC

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Big-TDI-Guy, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

First, my apologies if this is already widely known - but I did search, and found nada.

VLC 0.8.6d is now released - which solves a bunch of Leopard-related problems. (for one, the IR remote now works again)

I've been running 0.8.6d for a couple weeks now with no problems - seems they felt comfortable enough to openly release it.

So if you miss your VLC - it's back again.

www.videolan.org

No, I'm not affiliated in any way, nor plugging - but this is one of those programs that is the lifeline to my iMacs media side - and I know there are others who feel the same. It's a friendly FYI.

Just fix my nestled folders in the doc, and bring back the old Spotlight interface - and I just might be happy with Leopard.

2. Blubbert macrumors 6502

Well, good to know a new VLC is out. Though i had no problems with the last version...

3. Cinner macrumors newbie

I've always had problems with VLC. But it's nice that H264 decoding has been improved significantly with this release. My 1080p HD content plays much smoother now :)

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

VLC is gr8!

It still is the only app that can play my HD movies with Dolby Digital Audio on my Mac mini hooked up to my LCD TV.

5. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Anyone know if the new version did anything for the issue of stuttering audio with HD x264 movies with DTS sound?