One Pro Tower and Two Computers?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by astudentis, Mar 17, 2009.

1. astudentis macrumors regular

Hello,

I am not sure if this has been discussed before, but I was hoping someone can help.

I have a Mac Pro (2008 version, one quad, the base line nVidia card with 2 dvi outputs)....with Leopard

What I am interested is in attaching two monitors and 2 keyboards and 2 mouse and running two separate accounts simultaneously, so two people can use the same computer to do their work... is that possible?

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

You cannot physically use the computer by two people. The system will allow only one keyboard/mouse at a time.

However, you can use the same box remotely using VNC. i.e. Someone can get to their account from another computer in the room.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? using the CPU power of the tower for example?

Actually it is possible using a VNC setup. I do that right now.

4. astudentis thread starter macrumors regular

instead of using two desktops for two people to work on, i was hoping there was some way where two people can use the same tower as their separate workstations

5. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Unfortunately you cannot.

You will still have to have two separate computers. As I said, you can share some of the resources if you need them to login to the machine from another computer, but physically you cannot have more than one user.

6. nplima macrumors 6502a