One question about syncing from iphone to ipad through icloud...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Oct 5, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

How will this work exactly

say I download and app or take a picture with my iphone how will it get onto my ipad? do I have to click back-up or will it just appear on there as I add pics or apps?

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

The pics just appear. I've seen this first hand between iphone and ipad. Takes maybe 20 seconds. I suspect the same for music and apps.

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Really? they just appear? thats impressive if thats apps too.

4. protobiont macrumors 6502a

What if you don't want certain pics to sync?

Also, anyone know how syncing will work with a windows PC?

5. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Apps and Music are not syncing through iCloud for me, and I don't see a way to make that happen automatically. iCloud sync options I can see are Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Bookmarks, Notes, Photo Stream, Documents & Data, and Find my iDevice. There's also an iCloud backup option.

6. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

I thought everything was loaded onto both devices? how come apps don't? is it because apps are built differently for iphone and ipad?

7. infowarfare macrumors 6502

He is wrong. Apps and music DO download automatically to all devices even if you don't have the iOS 5 beta yet; it was the first thing Apple turned on for every user to test out (it's in the "Store" settings on all of your devices.)

Also, no offense but, how old are you Game161? Have you not seen ANY of the demos from the last few months (or previous Keynote event) of how iCloud works? You really didn't need to ask how this works since it's been shown in depth...

8. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

I have seen the demos and the videos but wasn't sure if you had to sync to back-up to get things to transfer over.

I was only double checking thats all.

Btw even with the app on both devices it hasn't downloaded on both at the same time..sometimes it does but most times it doesn't.

9. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

I stand corrected. I had a feeling I was missing something there.