one reason why the ipod touch blows

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bogman12, Oct 9, 2007.

1. bogman12 macrumors regular

photos: You must sync the photos thru itunes, meaning if you have several computers with different photos on them, you can only load photos from one computer at a time.

Great design apple! I'm really looking forward to the jailbreak simply for this reason..

2. aft macrumors regular

how many computers do you need to keep pictures on. If you keep them on different computers so you can show people at different places pictures you should get a portable device with a nice display so you can take it everywhere with you and show everyone your pictures...oh wait that is what you have. If you need full quality for any reason get a flash drive. This is an organizational problem not an iPod issue.

3. jaypee68 macrumors regular

So how many computers do you need to load photos from at the same time?

If by your statement you mean that you have to deauth your ipod touch from one computer and re-auth it to another computer just to sync photos from them, that's simply not true.

I have a 2GB Nano, and had a 16GB Touch with a bad screen and I could sync photos from whatever source I wanted without authorization with both.

4. bogman12 thread starter macrumors regular

My Touch has been authorized on 3 computers so far, and yes they each contain unique photos.

If i synced a selected group of photos on computer A, then hook my ipod to computer B and now want to add a few photos from B - I can't do that.

iTunes forces a photo "sync" as opposed allowing me to do a manual drag n' drop. The sync in effect, erases computer A's photos from the ipod Touch before copying the B photos.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

6. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

hmmm.... i wasn't aware of this. this does suck. i have made a folder in iPhoto called "photos for Touch". then when i have the iPod connected and go to photos, (i have it on manually sync) i check the box for that folder. so you are saying that if i have photos on another computer and create a folder in iTunes in that computer under a different name...it would erase the original pics loaded called "photos for Touch"?

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

photo sync is really crappy, basically it will always add/remove anything on your iPT to match what you have on computer. and SHRINK! (I know you can sync browser bookmark with a pic to data conversion, but boy, why do you need that much a hassle for a simple function of photo storage)

8. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Yes, I hate my iPod because the photo functionality isn't robust enough.

That seems like a great reason to criticize a media player.

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

oh yeah, wonder how many people use it as an exclusive media player? maybe 1?

10. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

I agree with the original poster. I was searching for iPod wallpapers at work and I found some good ones, but when I plugged my iPod in at home, all of my walls got erased by my previous sync settings... Annoying. Also, I wish you could copy high res photos and also transfer them from computer to computer.

11. bogman12 thread starter macrumors regular

Notice how you said "media" player instead of an audio player. Are pictures a form of media? Oh i guess not so in your world... woes is me.

Notice how everyone is in agreement with me and you're the only on who made a bad argument?

12. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Yes, apparently I'm the only one who appreciates it for music, web, and video. But if the photo support isn't up to snuff, then my, the device blows.

Pardon me, continue with the complaining.

13. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

I only use the pictures as backgrounds for the iPod Touch, I could care less about storing pictures on it. I also have a small flash drive with me at nearly all times, so I'm not expecting to use my iPod for permanent storage. I agree with you, I guess that makes me an idiot. :)

14. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

I have a few photos on my Touch, but they're pretty much just for wallpapers and the occasional "Hey look! I can flick my photos back and forth!".

15. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

lol, whatever, if users aren't happy with one function of a device, they can't complain? where is that logic from?

16. thegrandmaster macrumors regular

thegrandmaster

Doesn't this beef apply to all iPods? I know my 5.5G asks if it wants to sync when I connect it to my MBP instead of iMac...

17. bogman12 thread starter macrumors regular

You can either accept the status quo like a fanboi or voice the complaints like a reasonable customer expecting a specific set of functionalities as a part of a media player.

The only difference is that the touch is being touted as the ultimate media device for us right now - what with it's fancy finger pinching photo controls and whatnot. Such a device designed around photo display should make loading and organizing photos on it much easier and more flexible than what it is in its current iteration.

18. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

It wasn't the complaint, it was the idea that 'the touch sucks because...'

19. sagsi macrumors newbie

If you *really* care about this:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipodtouch.html

20. simoncoul macrumors member

I wish it would let u sync events instead of just albums when I got my iMac and transferred all my pictures off my PC I didn't bother making albums since they are all in events!