One small problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pauliej, Nov 26, 2007.

1. pauliej macrumors newbie

hi all

this is my first post, been reading the forums here for a while and its been a great resource. I finally got my week 43 ipod touch today. Its fantastic and im really happy with it...but it does have a few stuck pixels i think. When the brightness is up half way there are a few visable green shiny pixels that show up only against a black background. However when i turn the brightness down to near off they vanish??

is this a faulty unit? im thinking of taking it back to the store to hopefully get a replacement.

one further question it came qith 1.1.1 firmware will an upgrade to 1.1.2 possibly fix this issue?

any advice?

thanks

2. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Sorry buddy, nothing you can do except return it and hope for a good one. But so far, on my 7th iPod touch, I haven't had any luck...they have ALL had stuck pixels. And the search begins...

3. pauliej thread starter macrumors newbie

7? thats so unlucky...hope i dont have the same problem.
    wish apple would sort this out, its such a great piece of kit but small issues like this is so infuriating...

4. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

I Don't believe in luck...plain and simple, they have poor QC on the iPod touch screens.

5. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Or you look too far into it. My LCD monitor on my computer has one dead red pixel, but I didn't return it. :p

6. pauliej thread starter macrumors newbie

well i returned my ipod touch to the store got a new replacement no problem, just turned it on and it has more stuck/dead pixels than the last one!!!!

god damn you apple!
    back to the store tomorrow i guess???

anyone else having this issue with week 43?

7. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Yep, back you go. I'm telling you...you might be in for a long journey. I am going for number 8) tomorrow. I have been to 3 stores, and all 3 of them had iPod touches on display, and all the demos had stuck pixels too. So far I have never seen an iPod touch with a perfect screen.

8. pauliej thread starter macrumors newbie

well i got my 3rd replacement today...and its actually perfect, cant believe it! Thought i was gonna be returning ipods for the rest of my existence...
    Its actually a week 40 model, the others were all week 43...anyway i dont really care its all good, video and audio all sweet and internet is working fine also. The best thing is no dead pixels...finally

Glad i kept going back and im really happy with my ipod touch now, dont stand for dead pixels people!!

off to jailbreak the little bitch now!

9. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Congrats!!

10. pauliej thread starter macrumors newbie