One speck of dust under screen.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ozzyman500, May 2, 2010.

1. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I've had dust underneath my 3G before and it drove me freakin' nuts. Now with my 3GS I have completely babied this thing since I got it last October and never saw a speck yet, until this weekend. It does not show up when the phone is on itself with the lighting but in sun light you can see one speck. Should I be worried about this or take it to Apple, or just deal with it until something else happens if it does? I'm really trying not to let this drive me nuts but I paid a lot of money for this phone and I want it to be perfect.

2. corrado7 macrumors regular

corrado7

They wont do anything about it. One speck of dust! Come on!

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Holy crap.....

Chill out man; you'll survive.

4. ozzyman500 thread starter macrumors 65816

Meh, I guess I should chill. It just irritates me you know? Maybe if it affected my apps then I would have a bigger problem with it but I can barely see it. I'll just deal.

5. kicko macrumors 65816

use gravity, and gently flick the screen with your finger. I had one speck and i was able to knock it back inside and never to be seen again.

6. army91c macrumors 6502a

If you have one you'll get more. I returned my wifes 3g 2 days before the one year was up for dust under the screen. A $500+ device should not let dust get under the glass. I know lots will come in here like the 2 above me and tell you to chill. It's your hard earned $ and dust under the screen is a manufacture defect in my opinion (no signs of damage of course) and should be replaced if still under warranty. I would wait then take it back a few days before your year is up and have them swap it.

My 3gs had 5 specks of dust after owning it for 3 days.... took it back and swapped it. The one I have now has many specks and a few of the usual cracks in housing. Gonna swap this one out when the time comes.

Dust under the glass is a well known issue. Every one needs to check out their i's in the sun..... you most likely will see some dust. Also check for cracks.... my white 3g never had any while my black 3gs has 1 by headphone jack and 1 by 32 pin.

7. ozzyman500 thread starter macrumors 65816

:confused::confused:

8. ozzyman500 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well mine is pretty clean for the most part, I only noticed one speck when I held it in sun light but I can't see it anywhere else...it doesn't show up in the Mail.app or the iPod.app. I'll keep on to it and see if it gets worse. Thanks for agreeing with me.

9. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Go to the Apple store and they'll replace the screen for you, not the entire phone.

That's what they did for me.

10. ozzyman500 thread starter macrumors 65816

Eh, I think I'll just deal. I can't see it when the phone is on. If I can see it when it's on then it's a bigger problem.