One Step Back For Iphone One Forward For Ipod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Quickdood, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Quickdood macrumors regular

As most of us know the new update for the iphone messed up jailbreak making it impossible for many to run their homebrew programs on their Iphones. While most people are thinking this really sucks, I am optimistic because I am a Touch owner.

The ipod touch dev team is really small and hasn't really gotten too far in jail breaking the touch but the iphone dev team is pretty large and are capable of making faster progress. If the new iphone software is anything like the current ipod touch software an ipod touch jailbreak could maybe piggyback off of a new Iphone jailbreak! So this maybe a step forward for the ipod touch, sorry iphone owners :(

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

I guess what you are saying is true,but either way, it is going to be harder for both iphone owners and iPod touch owners to jailbreak their stuff than it was before.

3. Quickdood thread starter macrumors regular

Actually I think it would only be harder for iphone owners considering the Touch had the high security on it from the start, but who knows the most recent update to the touch could have made it harder...

4. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

Well it is a very good possibility that 1.1.1 are basically the same thing on both I mean we saw they ran almost identical software (hence the iPhone is locked try again later..) but I guess we won't know how close they are to piggyback until someone can read the codec and tell us what exactly "bug fixes" mean w/ the new software..

5. iskhj000 macrumors member

Stupid question - Jailbreak?

What do you mean when you say jailbreak?

6. Quickdood thread starter macrumors regular

It is an application used on the iphone which allows 3rd party apps to be installed

7. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

...And the OS to be modified. Also, for it to be unlocked.