One step burn

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by elbee570, May 17, 2010.

1. elbee570 macrumors newbie

I've been trying to burn a video from my Canon camcorder using iDVD and it keeps telling me that nothing is being captured. It seems like it should be such an easy process, but it is not working for me. Any suggestions to help me w/this issue? I have imported the video to iMovie but cannot figure out how to burn a dvd from that application either. Whatever would be the simplest way to take care of this for a fairly computer illiterate woman! Thanks!

2. mstrze macrumors 68000

In iMovie go to the Share pulldown and choose iDVD. The movie will export to iDVD and that program will open, aallowing you to burn it from there.

3. elbee570 thread starter macrumors newbie

When I bring up imovie, then the share pulldown, there is nothing highlighted that I can click on that will allow me to export it to idvd. Did I import it to imovie wrong or is there something else I need to do? I'm not editing or fooling w/the video in any way, it's a wedding video that I just want to copy onto dvd for the happy couple. Thanks!

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I've come across this problem in the past, and it's to do with the file type of the video footage.

If the video is mp4, then the option to share to iDVD is greyed out. The solution is to insert a jpeg into the project, and iDVD is then an option. Why? I've no idea.

If your video isn't mp4, give it a try anyway.