One Step DVD Annoyance

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Dean87, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Dean87 macrumors newbie

Is there a way not to have the DV tape rewind automatically when using the one step dvd feature?

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

Eject the tape?

3. Dean87 thread starter macrumors newbie

I want it to record starting from a certain point in the tape. I want to know is there a way IDVD wont have to rewind just to do that one step feature.

4. hdayala macrumors newbie

5. huntercr macrumors 65816

Sorry, the one step DVD option has its limitations. You can always capture in imovie, and export to iDVD. It's not difficult.

If you ever think you will want to get at your source material on tape again, I highly recommend against trying record some video, burn to DVD and then record some more. The likelihood that you will accidently write over something accidently goes up tremendously.

If you still insist on doing it this way I recommend ejecting the tape after the video capture is done, or simply changing the camera back to "camera mode" may stop it as well. ( unplugging your firewire cable would work, but might cause an error )

Seems like alot of trouble to go to to avoid just using iMovie.
    You have full control over the camera there and can start and stop capture wherever you want. I really think you'd be more happy doing that instead.