One-step photo fix app

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by dcree, Dec 19, 2013.

1. dcree macrumors newbie

Back in my Windows days, I used PaintShop Pro, which had a button called "one-step photo fix" or something like that. It corrected the exposure, color, sharpness all in one go. I have not been able to find anything like that for OS X. Anyone?

2. Cheese&Apple macrumors 68000

Cheese&Apple

Use iPhoto (Apple's free photo editing app). Import image into iPhoto and use "Auto Enhance".

Should do the trick.

~ Peter

3. Otaillon macrumors 6502

Otaillon

Lightroom has a "Auto" feature that seems to do what you want

4. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I started out using the auto button, but as I have got more familiar with LR controls, I find I don't use it that much.

5. TonyK macrumors 6502a

TonyK

Different apps have different names for auto-correct. But in reality there is not a single fix that gets the best out of each image. It should be considered a starting point and sometimes you will find it may not even be the right starting point.

In LR I use AUTO on the Development tab. It generally blows the exposure so I have to reset that. But tone and color are pretty good so I leave those and then move on to other adjustments that get me the image I visualized when I pressed my shutter button.

But if what you are working on are snapshots, then by all means the "auto" fix may be all that is needed.