One Stop Crash Solution?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Vesuvio Cat, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Vesuvio Cat macrumors regular

I've had my iPad since release day and not really had many problems with Apps crashing.

Until I downloaded Call of Duty: Zombies today and couldn't even get the game to launch. I am so frustrated that Steve Jobs is intransigent about 256 MB of memory being sufficient yet the iPad crashes under the slightest pressure. Really annoying.

I've tried a soft restart and a hard restart and don't really want to reload everything just to get an app to work (I have other things to do). Does anyone know any easy solution for constantly crashing apps?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

3. Vesuvio Cat thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I'll try that. Why wouldn't it have downloaded correctly the first time?

4. Vesuvio Cat thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, didn't work. It gets to the developer screen and then returns to the home screen.

5. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I can see the lag during loading screens on 'Cut the Rope HD'

6. Vesuvio Cat thread starter macrumors regular

Tried restarting different ways, deleting and reinstalling, everything. Still cant get Call of Duty to work. I know the iPad isnt defective, so what gives?

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The app is just buggy. It is a possible thing and if all others are exhausted, then it must be buggy.

PS: 256 is enough, when the app isn't buggy or full of memory leaks.

8. Vesuvio Cat thread starter macrumors regular

it seems like the app worked prior to the os update, at least according to others.. maybe they just never updated the app for 4.2. in that case I'll ask iTunes for a refund

9. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Ha, the app hasn't been updated since May 12th. I assume they have abandoned it. It's just a crummy app.

10. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

It works completely fine on an iPod Touch, also running 256MB of RAM. I'm still running off of iOS 4.1 on all my devices though since they're jailbroken.