One Stuck Pixel Ok?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VinceBognot, Sep 21, 2010.

1. VinceBognot macrumors newbie

Hey, I have an iPhone 4, and an iPad. Both great devices, but noticed that each of them has ONE stuck pixel when the display, displays black. Is this something to fuss about? Should I exchange them? I don't notice them, but when I look at them, it drives me crazy! Tried the stuck pixel fixer for an hour, but failed.

2. Surely Guest

Surely

If it bothers you, exchange them. If it doesn't, don't.

3. Simoquasimo macrumors member

Just replaced my iPhone because of one stuck pixel. It was too annoying. When you know where it is, you can't stop noticing it.

4. Roo Zilla macrumors regular

A dead pixel in 2010 is unacceptable. You should exchange your device.

5. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

One Stuck Pixel Ok?

Take it back, I returned my iPhone 3G when it had a stuck pixel. If it bothers you now it's going to bother you -------->

[​IMG]

6. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Apple will exchange it, but they officially have a 3 pixel anomaly policy. That means they fully acknowledge there is a problem if and only if there are three or more stuck or dead pixels.

7. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

I think it depends on the screen size. On a monitor maybe, but I don't think a dead pixel on a screen the size of an iPhone is acceptable really.

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I've got a stuck pixel but have to deal with it because I don't want to exchange and lose my JB. Maybe down the road, when there's a new jailbreak for the latest iOS, I'll replace but for now, JB > stuck pixel.

9. Vbez macrumors newbie

I have one very strange pixel on my iPad. It has light gray color. I can see it if color of image is black. What is it? Is it a dead pixel. A dust?

10. Enco macrumors member

Can you see it when the screens off? If so, it's dust/a scratch.

A have a tiny scratch on my iPhone screen and had thought it was a dead pixel. It's minute though so not a big issue.

11. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

i would go and try to get it replaced. you payed for an exceptional device, you should have an exceptional device.

12. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

This x1000000, I had one and I pretended not to notice it but I always ended up looking straight at it. Have a new perfect iPhone now.