one-tap timer/alarm

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Oohara, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

Hi,

I'm looking for a timer/alarm app that can be set to just one short vibration, rather than an alarm that keeps going and going until you turn it off. Even better would be the possibility to have several short alarms set at once, one at 30m and one at 1h for example, to know when half the hour has passed.

Has anyone come across an AW app like this? I've searched all over, would be extremely grateful for any tips.

Thanks!

2. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Could you achieve this by setting a series of Reminders with Haptic notifications only?

3. Oohara thread starter macrumors 68020

Oohara

Thanks for your reply!

I checked it out but it's a bit too clunky. Ideally it'd be an AW native app that I could set from a complication just like the regular timer or alarm, and I'd like to be able to set the alarm/s while being out of range of the phone.

For now I've found Timer+ which does precisely what I need, aside from that it needs to be in range of the phone and the timer can't be set from the watch at all.

4. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Glad to hear that you found an app that does the job. I might give it a try.

5. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

Kind of like the old digitals with hourly chime?

Or would you rather it just run a couple times starting from when you trigger it?

Could be kind of cool...

It looks like with Timer+ you need to set one timer up or start it each time you want the event from the phone? And then you get a haptic because it sends a local notification to the watch?