One thing that's always frustrated me...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jhkaplan, Jun 13, 2008.

1. jhkaplan macrumors regular

Jan 29, 2008
    My apologies if this has already been covered; I've been lurking around here for a while and have not seen it.

One thing that really frustrates me with this phone is the integration between the Calendar function and Google Maps. Often I put an address/location in my appointment, and it'd be nice to be able to click on the address in the calendar and have it open Google Maps. Instead, I have to remember the address and enter it into Maps.

Also, I often store phone numbers of people that I am meeting with in the notes section of calendar appointments. Unlike most other parts of the phone, when you enter in a phone number, it is not clickable and it will not open the phone app.

I love this phone, it is definitely the best phone I've ever owned. I know they say it is not a PDA, but for my use, this thing is a workhorse in many more ways than my old Blackberries or Treos.

I wish this could be addressed/updated in 2.0. Does anyone know if it is?

If they are going to open this up to Enterprise use, I think this feature will be vital.
  2. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

May 3, 2008
    Hampshire, England

Don't quote me, but I'm sure those features are implemented with MobileMe, which of course is subscrition based, meaning more money to pay out..
  3. jhkaplan thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 29, 2008
    I hope that is the case. I have already paid for .Mac, so this would be a bonus. I just think it's something they should give to everyone, it seems so logical.