one thread, several times

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by arjen92, Oct 14, 2009.

1. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

He,

It's probably my imagination, but is it possible to post a thread and make it appear at the same in different forum parts. For example I have a problem with playing .avi. Is it possible it will appear in the video and basics at the same time without making another thread.

Cause I have the idea that sometimes (again, probably my imagination) I read something in the "imac forum", and see the same question in "mac basics and help".

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

It is possible but against forum rules:

If you see a the same thread posted twice, please report it using the red triangle at the bottom left of the first post and provide a link to the other thread.

3. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

i think it's where people dupe the post, i dont think theyres an option for it automatically, since it links to the post count, in essence your getting 2 for one,

i've seen people on here discourage duplicate posts in different areas,

i can see the appeal for it though, since not every member is gonna look at every area on the board to help people with potential troubles,

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

If you read the macrumors FAQ you will see that double posting is against the rules, and if persistent will lead to a ban!