one-time NQA iPad repair?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cRz, Jan 16, 2012.

1. cRz macrumors newbie

I read online all about these people who go in with their dropped and shattered iPad 2's and get it repaired, but apple is like "this is a one-time thing.."

does anyone have any experience with this? oh and btw how do they like mark the "one-time" because you can walk into any apple store in the world with some broken idevice, they don't' ask for a receipt or anything. So how do they calculate the "one-time thing", because I've had an iPhone 4 replaced for free, but now I want my iPad 2 replaced for free, so does the iPhone 4 repairment nullify my "one free time" for iPad also, and if so how do they calculate it? :/

2. yateseyd1991 macrumors regular

Apple keep a record of the replacements issued for each device based on serial numbers, but the one time replacement is based on the discretion of the Genius

:apple: iPhone 4S 32GB White, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, Shure SE425 :apple:

3. kettybear macrumors member

I dropped my iPad as well and the genius I talked to flat out told me it was going to cost me $369 for a refurbished unit.

I was wondering if I could try again with another Genius on another visit? Do they make a note that my iPad has been broken and that I was offered a refurbished unit?

4. yateseyd1991 macrumors regular

Apple do not keep a record of this, I have done this before with an iPhone 4 that had a cracked rear case, initially I was told I'd have to pay for a repair, but went back a few days later, served by a different Genius and got the whole iPhone replaced for free, it's all down to luck :)

iPhone 4S 32GB White, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, Shure SE425

5. sandiego001 macrumors newbie