One to one advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Keanehb, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Keanehb macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a 15" MBP and it seems like everybody thinks one to one is a necessity for a first time mac owner (like me). I don't have enough money to spend on something I don't need right now so how important is it? I am not going to be transferring any files. Can I learn most of the tips from apples how to videos? What else do I need to know?

Not sure if this is the right forum but I appreciate any help
    given.

2. NKT macrumors regular

I would try videos first. There's a wealth of info out there and Google is your friend. If you're a good self-teacher, you should be ok :cool:

I've been using OS X for a while and I still find stuff to learn on the net.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Not if your already an experienced computer user. If you have general knowledge with any sort of computers, you should be fine. You can always look up some guides on the net if you get stuck :D

4. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Yeah, you shouldnt be completely lost, you just have to get used to it, unlike windows, you want brake anything by exploring, and if you manage to, people on this forum can help. Just give it a week or two and check out some videos on apple.com and youll be fine.

Enjoy your mac!

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yeh, if your not transferring any files it takes less than frikin' half an hour to set everything up :eek: Thats how long it took me to set my MacBook Pro up from scratch ;)

6. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

don't bother, if you know how to use a track pad and a keyboard, you're all set

7. Trvlngnrs macrumors 6502

Trvlngnrs

8. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Do you have general computer experience? Do you know how to Google? Do you know how to use YouTube? Can you navigate and search this forum?

If you answered yes, save your money.

I was completely disappointed with my 'genius bar' experiences before I bought the MBP. They were basically experts on transferring files from old PCs, iTunes, iPhoto, Mail, iCal, and Contact Book. Which means damn near nothing in the real world. I learned how to do all of that in literally one day of playing around with the applications.

No help whatsoever with corporate connectivity / VPN / Office 2008 products. Almost clueless on VMWare and Parallels.