One to one and Amazon

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by climbasky, May 22, 2014.

1. climbasky macrumors newbie

Just bought my MBA from Amazon. And now find out from the Apple website that I can only buy one to one if my computer was bought from the Apple retail or online store. In the past, it's not been an issue. Should I expect a problem now? Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I guess it all depends on the apple store you visit. They may help you.

3. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

When you say "I can only buy one to one" are you referring to exchanging your machine for another @ Apple?

4. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

One To One is AppleSpeak for learning and education about a product. If you know how the machine works. I wouldn't expect any problems.

At any rate, I couldn't envision and Apple Store refusing to answer questions about an Apple Product.

http://www.apple.com/retail/learn/one-to-one/

Lou

5. DaveOP macrumors 65816

One to One is a service that is only sold when a Mac is bought at the Apple Store. Fairly strict about that, it's considered an advantage of buying them at the store.

6. climbasky thread starter macrumors newbie

An update...went to the Apple store last night, having made a reservation at the "Genius Bar". Told them we had bought anew computer, and wanted to get the onetoone module purchased. They asked where we had bought the computer, we told them "Amazon". Also told them that we were aware that the decision to sell onetoone to customers who had not bought the computer from Apple directly, was somewhat discretionary from store to store, and hoped that they would be ok with it. And they were!!
    Thanks all!