One Touch Volume Control

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ougeta, Oct 29, 2008.

1. ougeta macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I am brand new to mac.... and let me just stay- for years I use to say why pay soo much when you can get more for less.... What a jack a**, but everyone has the right to their opinion i guess.

Anyway- I just bought the new Macbook 2.0 Ghz- wishing i upped for the 2.4 now... but this machine is amazing. What have i been missing for so many years.

On to the point, I am pretty new so I am trying to figure everything out, except i can not get my settings to allow one touch volume control ( by not pressing fn key and f10,11,or12.) when i first got the mac, it allow me just to push the volume buttons.... what did I mes with by mistake?

Any help would be grand. Thanks

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

If you turned on VoiceOver in Universal Access, the volume keys will no longer work the normal way. You may have turned it on accidently by pressing cmd+fn+f5. To see if it's on, open SysPrefs/Universal Access and check the VoiceOver setting.

3. ougeta thread starter macrumors newbie

hey thanks for the quick response, but the voice over function is still off.

4. Matty0500 macrumors newbie

Go to System Prefs> Keyboard and Mouse
    In that window there's a checkbox that says use f keys for standard functions (or something to that effect.) be sure that's unchecked.

5. ougeta thread starter macrumors newbie

THANKS A TON.... can't believe i missed that- passed it several times too. :D