One very VERY OCD-like niggle with the iPod on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by XciteMe, Jun 12, 2010.

1. XciteMe macrumors 6502

*Do not read ahead if you laugh and roll your eyes at OCD-like complaints*

If you notice, when you choose an artist and it lists all their albums, each album has a year displayed.

The thing is, this messes up compilations that have songs from all different years, such as a Greatest Hits album or re-releases, etc.

So if I have Bruce Springsteen's Greatest Hits, with songs from 1975 all the way up to 1995, and the first track is "Born in the USA", the album year is shown as 1984.

Again, I know this is so bizarre. But I just wanted to say that.

2. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

Delete the Album Years on iTunes if it's such a problem :rolleyes:

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Or while the album is selected in iTunes (on your computer), select all songs and change the year.

Or are those songs the only ones, meaning they appear both in the original album and in the Greatest Hits album?

4. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

iPod on iPad has way worse issues than that! On the whole it feels very half-baked to me. :(

5. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

Hey thanks for the worthless solution.

Yeah, looks like the mobile device iTunes doesn't handle compilations that well. Neither does iTunes really...

Kind of sad there's no solid audio management solution on the Mac.

6. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

But it'll still be there. You'll know it's still there.

;)

What bugs me is that you only get the Get More Episodes... Button in the iPod app, and not when viewing podcasts etc in Videos...

7. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Also, if you notice, the Artists icon is Bono.

I know, right? It just bothers me that such an unfamous pretentious twat could be the ICON of music artists.

8. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

Hahaha, “pretentious twat” says it all, but where is this icon at? Can you screen capture it?

9. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

iTunes handles files fine providing the information for that album/compelation is correct.

To sort out your problem op. Find the album you having an issue with openthe first track and give it a track number 1 of 18 for example then tick the part of a compelation check box then move on to track 2. This will sort your issue. If there is more discs you will see a box to enter the disc number too ie 2 of 4.

I don't see how people expect software to work if you don't give it all the information that's expected in the first place.