Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tommy c

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
Pocono PA
I have to say, that I love it. It's basically the same as my XS was, but better. No regrets buying it. The new camera system is great. I wish that the wide angle was a faster lens. But, it's a start. The battery truly lasts what they say it does. Even intensely using, it lasts pretty long. I do love the Midnight green!

Thats all, just wanted to share my experience using it for a week. Very, very happy!

Attachments

• IMG_0360.jpeg
    IMG_0360.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 578
  • IMG_0366.jpeg
    IMG_0366.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 493

iObama

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2008
Amazing, amazing phone, but I have thumb/wrist issues and the added weight this year is making it worse. Might be checking out the 11...

This phone feels very much like when the 7 came out. Everyone thought it was a boring refresh until the photos started appearing online :). Apple hit it out of the park this year.

Reactions: teezy and Tommy c

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
I have to say, that I love it. It's basically the same as my XS was, but better. No regrets buying it. The new camera system is great. I wish that the wide angle was a faster lens. But, it's a start. The battery truly lasts what they say it does. Even intensely using, it lasts pretty long. I do love the Midnight green!

Thats all, just wanted to share my experience using it for a week. Very, very happy!

My thoughts too (Xs to 11 Pro).

Same outward design as the X (bar camera) and take everything that was great about the Xs and improve on it (Cameras with all these new tools and functions, making an already amazing OLED display even better) and fix things that were wrong with it (crappy battery life, dodgy cellular modems).

Honestly i'm more than happy with mine. The 11 Pro was a great way for Apple to perfect and send-off the iPhone X formula as they now gear up for the next iPhone which will move on to something different and new

Reactions: Tommy c

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Love mine, too - iPhone X to iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Had a family emergency last weekend so my new phone has already been put through its paces with a five day overseas trip. It worked perfectly - the long battery life was a major relief, the big screen made watching Yellowstone on the 13-hour flight very enjoyable, and I was able to capture some amazing photographs of family and friends (and scenery) that I'll always treasure. Even better, I decided to go completely naked - no screen protector, and no case - and it made it through the entire trip without even the smallest hairline scratch on the screen. Even after I absentmindedly slammed it face down on the ticket reader at one of the many gates I passed through. It's a great phone, and so far the glass seems FAR more durable than my iPhone X's was (I scratched that screen on my FIRST DAY with it, two years ago).

Overall, I'm quite impressed and very pleased.

Last edited:

Tommy c

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
Pocono PA
Wow that mantis pic is fantastic! ?

I love my pro max too, but I need to get out and take more photos.
Thanks very much! Yea, he posed for me lol! I do photography for a living, so it was a no brainer!
Amazing, amazing phone, but I have thumb/wrist issues and the added weight this year is making it worse. Might be checking out the 11...

This phone feels very much like when the 7 came out. Everyone thought it was a boring refresh until the photos started appearing online :). Apple hit it out of the park this year.
Definitely, they did. I like the added weight honestly. Feels solid. But, in your case, it's a problem to deal with. you should deff see about the 11. My wife has the XR and it's nice.
My thoughts too (Xs to 11 Pro).

Same outward design as the X (bar camera) and take everything that was great about the Xs and improve on it (Cameras with all these new tools and functions, making an already amazing OLED display even better) and fix things that were wrong with it (crappy battery life, dodgy cellular modems).

Honestly i'm more than happy with mine. The 11 Pro was a great way for Apple to perfect and send-off the iPhone X formula as they now gear up for the next iPhone which will move on to something different and new
I'm curious to see what they come up with for next year. I love this design, maybe minis the top notch, but it's there for a reason. We'll see :).
Love mine, too - iPhone X to iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Had a family emergency last weekend so my new phone has already been put through its paces with a five day overseas trip. It worked perfectly - the long battery life was essential, the big screen made watching Yellowstone on the 13-hour flight very enjoyable, and I was able to capture some amazing photographs of family and friends (and scenery) that I'll always treasure. Even better, I decided to go completely naked - no screen protector, and no case - and it made it through the entire trip without even the smallest hairline scratch on the screen. Even after I absentmindedly slammed it face down on the ticket reader at the many gates I passed through. It's a great phone, and so far the glass seems FAR more durable than my iPhone X's was (I scratched that screen on my FIRST DAY with it, two years ago).

Overall, I'm quite impressed and very pleased.
Glad you feel the same way too! Hope all is ok with your family emergency.
I never have not used a case for it. I have the apple clear case, this year. I'm hoping it does not yellow lol.

Reactions: mavis

JulianL

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2010
London, UK
I'm really happy with mine. I went from an iPhone XS (5.8") to an iPhone 11 Pro Max. I'm surprised and slightly relieved how much of a non-issue the bigger size and greater weight have been for me. My negative surprise however is that I'm not really feeling any "wow, this bigger screen feels so much better than my old 5.8" screen" moments. There's no problem with having a bigger screen but I can't say that it makes that much difference for my use.

I hardly take any photographs so camera quality isn't an issue for me although again there's no problem with having a better camera if I do ever need it. So how come I'm delighted with my 11 Pro Max and am glad I went for the Max size for the first time ever this year? For me it's all about battery life. I feel much happier now knowing that I have the iPhone model that gives the maximum battery life possible from an iPhone.

UrbanGeek

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2015
DFW, Texas
I love my Pro Max. I have no complaints about this phone. I know for some its too big or too heavy or not enough difference to upgrade for numerous reasons. Thats a choice each buyer has to make. For me it was an easy sell. I had a X.....I went to the Note 10+ for a week. The Note 10+ is a great phone but my household all uses iphone, all Apple stuff and the switch over just didnt work for me. So I went to the Pro Max and for what i need and want this phone has it.

Heck I probably would have been fine with a standard 11 but I wanted the bigger screen and the cameras. The battery is amazing. The screen is great especially in dark mode. I love it. Its just a joy to use. Apple gets a lot of heat but I think its a step in the right direction that they offer more than just one single model now. Plus several older phones are still in the line up at a cheaper price. So if someone doesnt like the 11 line you have options still.

But I have no regrets on my 11 Pro Max. Mine is in a Speck Presidio Pro case and its great. And I know the camera bump has lovers and haters but I think it looks pretty cool. Love the phone.

NeverInDoubt

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2017
Came to the iPhone 11 Pro Max not entirely convinced I would like it after a couple of happy years with the original ‘X’. Well, I am truly converted thanks in no small measure to the camera. What an improvement and the low light performance is outstanding. Additional weight and bulk of the Max body haven’t proven an issue and I speak as someone carrying a wrist injury.
And, whisper this, I actually got used to the look of the multi camera arrangement on the back pretty quickly and now quite like it!

Chrisblond007

Suspended
Sep 26, 2019
Same here. I’m shocked at how good the camera upgrade and battery life this year is.
After updating to iOS 13.1.1, I’m off the plug at 10AM and ending the day now at around 9PM with 50% battery left.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Love the hardware. iOS 13 is such a mess that I'm seriously thinking about returning the 11PM and buying the phone I used to have - the XS Max - while I can still load iOS 12.4.1. The hardware upgrades are not worth the software failures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.