One Week: No Resolution

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mpuck972, Sep 21, 2007.

1. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

Well one week after the release of the iPhone rebate program, I still have no rebate to speak of. Six emails later, Apple still hasn't figured out how to type in my info correctly so I can get my $100 and be done with them. Three of those emails actually said that they had "reset" my information in their database, and my rebate should process just fine.

So I guess I'm just relegated to the end of the line each time they screw up. At this pace, maybe I might be able to use the rebate on the 10th gen iPhone when it comes out?

It's not even about the money now, I will probably use it for a friends purchase, I just want to see how long it takes Apple to complete such a simple task.

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Was there an issue with the online submission process?? It took me all of 3 minutes to get my rebate.

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Can you go to a store? When I was there, a sales assoc. did it for a person at one of the computers to get their coupon...

4. mpuck972 thread starter macrumors 6502

mpuck972

I have been to the store, called AT&T, called Apple Customer Relations, and all I got so far was a case number assigned to my call.

5. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

6. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

7. mpuck972 thread starter macrumors 6502

mpuck972

I call each time I get another "congratulations, your serial has now been reset in our system" message. I enter my info, and guess what, still not there. Got that message 5 times now.

I call and have them enter it in on the case number.

8. mpuck972 thread starter macrumors 6502

mpuck972

I don't think an entire sugar cane field would help at this point. They just don't seem to know what they are doing.

9. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

Send another email referencing the case number you've been phoning on. Include all the info about your iPhone purchase and activation and any subsequent phone number exchanges etc., as if you were entering it for the first time. Proofread it carefully to make sure you are not introducing a problem by thinking you've typed one thing and having typed something different.

Send it. Wait 24 hours. Phone them referring to that email and any emails you received in response to it.

Stay civil. Who knows what attitudes the person processing your claim has dealt with in the ten seconds preceding his pickup of your issue. He's paid to care but he's human, too.

Mine took three long emails and two phone calls.

10. mpuck972 thread starter macrumors 6502

mpuck972

I have sent it in as a new message 3 times, and that just trippled my frustration. When I call, all they ever say is that all iPhone rebates are being handled via email only. I even offererd to make a collect call to anyone at the rebate center that could help me.

It's now a game to see just how much I have to go through, and what it really takes Apple to solve this.

11. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I had no problem, and know several others who have had no problem. In fact it was very easy. Hope it works out for you.

12. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

same here, I had no problems. My credit was received and spent a while ago (a Jawbone for only $23 is a pretty sweet deal).

Just to humor us: what exactly is the hold up? Is your IMEI not being recognized or something?

13. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Not true. I used some sugar on a AT&T CSR the other day. 26 year old female from Lubbock, TX. She gave me her personal number to call in case I needed her in the future. (I had a VM issue when forwarding calls, first 3 CSR's couldn't fix it, but I kept my cool, and kept dishing out the sugar... and now I have a personal CSR in case anything happens in the future)

Moral of the story, these guys sit around and take calls from pissed off people all day long. Be different. Ask them a funny question, or tell them a joke. CSR's have plenty of leeway that they won't tell you about. It's up to them.

14. mpuck972 thread starter macrumors 6502

mpuck972

They don't tell me what's wrong. All I get is the following response in a generic email:

Thank you for contacting Apple.

It looks like we will need to conduct further research on your request. Can you please supply as much of the following information as possible.

Phone:
    Serial:
    Purchase date:
    Purchase location:
    Any circumstances between date of purchase and applying for the credit which may have changed. on the item.

Then after I send them that info, I get this response:

Thank you for contacting Apple.

Good news! Apple confirmed that you are eligible for the $100 Apple Store credit with the information you provided. Please visit our site at <http://www.apple.com/iphone/storecredit> and follow the instructions provided.

Then I go to the site, enter my info, and I get the You may not be eligible message. Now remember, each email takes 1 day at least to get a response, so you can see how this drags on.

To those that say call and be nice, when I call Apple Customer Care, they won't discuss the iPhone credit at all, and tell me anything having to do with that has to be handled through email only. So I could buy one of the customer reps a mansion, and I still wouldn't get anywhere.

If this doesn't get resolved by this Friday, I'm going to give up, and forget about ever buying another Apple product if this is how they treat their customers.