One week of anguish and suffering as I wait...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cyroceon, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

for my new MacBook. The tracking page just came up and scheduled delivery of my new MB is Sat the 23rd. I am going to have one hell of an anxious week. What can I do to pass the time without basically sleeping on MacRumors? Wish me luck in my waiting...:apple:

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

3. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I hope so, I'm dying over here.

The tracking page hasn't changed in almost 36 hours and I'm going nuts. It still says it is coming tomorrow. See below. Entertain me till it gets here, I'm going crazy.

[​IMG]

4. stevegmu macrumors regular

You could have just picked one up at an Apple Store...

5. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

No, unfortunately I couldn't. I bought it refurb from Apple Store.

6. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

good for you! i'm controlling myself not to buy the refurb MBP and still wait for this 2008 MBP... which will probably take a little more time than we ever imagined.. post your feedback re the refurbished macbook.. and if you get any extras like an upgraded ram:)

7. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Well, I already bought a 2GB stick from Newegg and it is here, as well as the Mini DVI to Video adapter from Apple. I even bought a case for the MB. There is only one more piece to this beautiful puzzle, and that is a shiny white MacBook.

8. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

oh i envy you! i really do.. :) haaay!! i'm going to give it 10 more days.. then, i'm probably buying the MB as well... long shot will be the MBA ..then i can start buying sleeves... i can MOVE ON! MOVe ON! :D

9. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I thought about waiting initially, but I figured I'll just sell what I got if something comes out and it's such a drastic change that I need to have it. I doubt that will happen and the 2.2 Ghz SR processors with 2.5 GB of memory will blow most machines around these days right out of the water. I think I'm going to be very happy.

10. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Ok, I just woke up and the tracking page still says the same thing. I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this.

11. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Simple solution, call FedEx...

12. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Just so you know ahead of time, there are FedEx trailers at the Apple warehouse/distribution point and in transit means "SOMETIMES" that its sitting in the trailer waiting for the trailer to be picked up, I know it sounds weird but this happened to me with my iMac last year. It was built and shipped the same day with maxed out everything but because I choose to save money and go ground, it took over a week and a half before it got here. Never again will I do that.

Now I only use overnight or 3day saver

13. amanda kathryn macrumors regular

mine looked exactly the same. i ordered it on the 8th, it said in transit from reno as of the 9th, and sat that way until the 14th when it finally got into new jersey, and delivered on the 15th as estimated.

i had ordered a case and a dot mac account at the same time, they came a day later on the 9th! they were only coming from pennsylvania so that's why.

14. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Damn bastards. If this is the case, I'm going to really be unhappy. I don't understand how a shipping company can do this. It says estimated date is today, that means if it doesn't come today, I have a problem.

15. amanda kathryn macrumors regular

remember, it's just an estimate. it says today, depending on how far you are from the distribution center, it's still very possible it will come today. also fedex doesn't seem to update immediately. it may have gotten to the distribution center this morning but hasn't been updated yet. i'd give them until tomorrow though.

trust me, i know how much this wait sucks!

16. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Always expect your package on the estimated date, if it does not come by 7pm then call and ask about your package. You don't do much more than that, so stop thinking about it :p

17. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I am dying over here. If it truly was just sitting somewhere than I'm going to ship next day air from now on from Apple, and I'm going to make it an issue to make them foot the bill. I'm so pissed because I set it up so I could be home all day today and just receive package and play with MB, but that doesn't look like it is going to be the case. I'll post when I have an update.

18. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

On FedEx Vehicle for Delivery...MacBook

This is what the tracking page looks like. The driver just called me and told me she would be here around 10:00-10:30 EST which is in approx. 3 hours. It is going to be a long three hours.

Sidenote: I've got a 2GB stick of RAM, Mini DVI to Video adapter, Case, and Wireless Mighty Mouse waiting for it. :D

[​IMG]

19. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

Yay you. I can imagine it definitely will be a long 3 hours!! :D Roll on time.
    Congratulations by the way, my MBP is in for repair. Going to take 2 weeks and I'm missing it sooo much already :(

20. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

That is unfortunate. I hope you get it back ASAP, since I know I couldn't live without my computer.

21. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

I have never had a driver call me to tell me when they planned on being at my house.

22. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

There has been a problem with the shipment and I had called the local hub that it was coming from. The lady there called the driver, and the driver called me because it is a Saturday delivery and I asked for her to call me.

23. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

24. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I'm so excited, it should be here shortly.

25. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

hehe, enjoy it when you get it mate! I just got mine today too, got a nice big smile here :D