One week since launch, how much data have you sent & received?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ksz, Jun 25, 2009.

1. ksz macrumors 68000

Some people believe, perhaps rightly, that mobile devices don't consume very much bandwidth and therefore AT&T can afford to give us "unlimited" data plans, but not free tethering. After 1 week of use, my new iPhone 3GS has already received 2.8GB and sent 298MB. At this run rate, a tethering limit of 5GB per month would be practically worthless.

How much data have you consumed?

Attached Files:

2. sal macrumors 6502

that's a lot. i got about 350mb downloaded. what are you doing on your iphone? youtube? audio streaming?

3. neilp4453 macrumors regular

Damn..you must use it as your sole internet source.

I tethered on Sat. and Sunday and did a solid amount of surfing...the ATT website shows about 75mb.

Not too bad.

4. aerospace macrumors 6502a

8mb/138mb

Much less than I would have guessed.

5. applecheese macrumors member

im pretty close to you.
    9mb/118mb

6. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Or you should ground yourself and try to be a little more realistic. 5gb is plenty if you aren't an out of control 4 year old who wants everything.

7. mynameisrichard macrumors member

Have you had an iPhone before? If you haven't, this first few weeks, you'll be using it a lot more than you usually will. Realistically, you probably won't use it that much. I used a lot my first few weeks having an iPhone, but now almost a year later, I use it a lot every day but surely not enough to drain it after only half a day of pure internet usage.

8. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Am I reading them stats correctly

You have had the phone for 1 week and spent 6 whole days on phone calls so far

perhaps i am just a light user

9. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Are we going to do this for 1 month and 1 year and 10 years and 1 century and 1 millennia too?

10. qanosreme macrumors newbie

The usage statistics were transferred from your previous iphone when you restored from back up. As it says, the usage data has never been reset so that explains the 2.8gb.