one week with my iPhone X and...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thekayman, Nov 10, 2017.

1. thekayman macrumors 6502

no scratches
    no case or screen protector either
    no screen uniformity issues
    no color tint
    no burn in or IR
    no green line
    no eye strain or headaches
    no crackling speakers
    battery >66% at the end of each day (with >5 hours usage daily)

Apple has shipped tens of millions of X's. Some people / units definitely have issues. 99.9% probably don't.

2. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

I'm with ya, same for me. It stinks that some get defective units, but it's bound to happen.

3. Tom G. macrumors 68020

Tom G.

Why should the OP be considered a “fanboy” for stating the truth? He simply stated that he had no problems, but that with millions of iPhones shipped some were bound to be defective. Simple truth, nothing “fanboy” about it.

4. cwosigns macrumors 68000

cwosigns

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Unfortunately some early on units will experience problems and they usually are rectified at a later point in time. But regardless of what issues some come across, Apple's customer service will stand behind the product and replace the defective unit.

6. KingslayerG5 Suspended

KingslayerG5

^ JWill likes it and this is after talking about the Essential, HTC U11, etc.

Gave me a week to decide going back and forth with also the color. Back to silver! The stainless steel won me over again over the space gray rear. Stainless steel looks premium next to the black front and you can recognize The X from a distance. Space gray X looks like a black 7 or sg 8. I usually place my phone next to me and view it from an angle. Throwback to the 2G-3Gs!

11-10: iOS11 and The X. I just needed a week to truly decide.

Reasons why I want The X -

iOS12 might ruin it. I like the software The X comes with. So fast and fluid. The next major update could have many bugs next year and slow down The X a little or ruin its battery life.

Qualcomm modem might be the last to appear on it. Next year's will be more of the same with very minor upgrades.

I can refer to it as The X. What if it becomes only a one-time naming scheme before going 10s (Ten-Es) or 11. Everyone at Best Buy calls it iPhone Eks or The X. Plus, I can put it next to the SE to spell out my favorite "recreation." ;)

Silver X winning me over once again.

7. balaplus macrumors 6502

You got b**ls of steel mate :p

8. rensi macrumors newbie

*knocks on wood*

No issues here either, runs great, battery is so nice, and the screen is beautiful.

9. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

I’ve never owned a case for my iPhone and my X is sporting it’s birthday suit.

Only issue I’ve encountered thus far is every now and then the screen will become unresponsive. Not due to the cold issues.

However my 6 plus would do this on iOS 11 and both my iPads so who knows.

10. pbaker103 macrumors member

No issues with mine either. The X has performed flawlessly for me and the battery life is a big upgrade for me coming from a 7.