one worry after the other

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by keepinitjersey, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Joined:
    Sep 30, 2009
    i hope my delivery driver doesn't take my phone for his/her own pleasure. they did the same thing when i was waiting for my skullcandy headphones about 2 months ago.

2. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

The driver doesnt know whats in each box. If he steals it, sue FedEx.

3. norwegian wood macrumors regular

i think the driver will know what is in each box. he will have a truck full of them the exact same size coming from the exact same place,... my driver knew it was an ipad when he handed it to me. and that was the second one i bought after launch day

4. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

yeah you deliver driver really wants to risk a 100 thousand dollar a year job for a 300 dollar phone. :rolleyes: he delivers stuff worth a lot more than your iphone.

5. Gryzor macrumors 6502

Is the brand of headphones so significant, or are you just name-dropping for the sake of it? :rolleyes:

Besides, if the package goes missing, you are covered under their insurance do what's the big deal?

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I seriously doubt drivers try something so stupid

7. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I seriously doubt delivery drivers make $100,000 a year. If so I'm in the wrong profession...

8. keepinitjersey thread starter Guest

its the fact that it was skullcandy headphones...name dropping or not...their cheap headphones. if someone could go and take 30 dollar headphones then imagine the iphone 4.

just a thought.

9. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

you are in the wrong profession then... factor in overtime and their benefits they clear 100k

10. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

11. Gagoots macrumors regular

When someone how much you make, you don't factor in benefits.
    You tell them how much they pay you.

12. hipvamore macrumors regular

13. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

i don't ask people how much they make... basic mannerisms tell you that is not a question to ask a person.

you say you dont factor in benefits so you would rather take a job making 35k with no benifits vs a job making 30 k with full benefits

14. keepinitjersey thread starter Guest

you mad?

don't have to read nor reply at all.

15. Gagoots macrumors regular

Let me rephrase to suit your punctilious statement .

When you fill out loan paperwork for say, a mortgage, and they ask you what your salary is, at no point can you factor in benefits.

16. ttech10 macrumors 6502

I like how the answer there makes it sound like UPS truck drivers have the hardest job in the world.

I know two people who deliver for UPS and neither say it's very difficult.

But yea, I don't think you need to worry about your delivery driving stealing the iPhone. I know my UPS driver so I'm never worried about packages, but even though this is being shipped FedEx I'm not worried at all about whether or not I'll receive the package.

17. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I am not a truck driver, but I see this all the time.

Where I work, you make ok money starting out. After just a couple years you can make nice, family sustaining money. Plus we have GREAT benefits that we pay virtually nothing for. And all the job security one could ask for.

However, I have seen countless people loose their job over something much dumber than an iPhone. Some people are not capable of weighing pros and cons or thinking about the future beyond next week. A lot of people have lost their jobs where I am over petty cash (I mean like under $20), stealing supplies (like post-it notes and toilet paper), and a birage of other stupid reasons.

So, what I'm getting at here is that while I think it's unlikely a FedEx guy would risk his good job over an iPhone, there are always the few out there that will.

18. billinaz macrumors 6502

billinaz

I dont.

Why do airline pilots risk their jobs(and lost their medicals) by drinking before a flight?

Why have police officers risked (and lost) their career forever taking something that does not belong to them?

Why do highly respected military officers risk their jobs (and lives) selling secrets to foreign countries?

Because they are all people. Sometimes people do stupid things every day. I see it all the time. I have been there when they came to the realization that they have thrown everything away.

I also have an example of a personal experience. When UPS used to take cash for COD deliveries, I sent a package COD and the person paid cash. When my payment did nto arrive I started calling UPS. It took me months to get the money, but it came from an insurance company.

Turns out that the UPS driver pocketed the money.

19. genks macrumors newbie

Delivery drivers drop off thousand dollar packages all the time with laptops in them, jewlery, expensive meds. So if the driver was smart at all they would instantly know the risk is much greater than the reward. Just don't presign what ever you do that's just asking for trouble.

20. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I pre-signed for my MBP last year and man I was sweating bullets. All turned out ok though. I'm lucky to live in a quaint neighborhood and our UPS/FedEx guys are regulars.

21. emaja macrumors 68000

They know EXACTLY what is in these boxes.

22. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

23. oneteam macrumors regular

agreed

24. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

My grandfather was a driver. He made about $130,000 per year the last year he did it and got a $150,000 retirement package

25. LoganT macrumors 68020

I doubt a FedEX delivery guy is going to take that risk when you have to sign for it. If you get the box and it feels a little too light, either ask to open it in front of him or decline to sign. Trust me, the iPhone 4 may be light (it's a little heavier than the 3GS), but you'll know an empty box if you feel it. You are expecting a certain weight and then you feel something that feels like air.

I have had a UPS guy take a camera of mine, but I didn't have to sign for it.