One year contract for new line family plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fruktsuppe, Jul 29, 2008.

1. fruktsuppe macrumors newbie

I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get a one year contract (instead of 2 year) for a new line on a family plan. My wife and I were with t-mobile, I got an iphone and now we want to switch her to at&t under a family plan. She has an unlocked phone and can continue using it on at&t. Has anyone had luck getting a one year contract term out of at&t? If she doesn't need a phone, would that make a difference?

Thanks for your help!

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

Yes, you can have a one year contract with ATT. Just keep the unlocked phone and slide the ATT SIM into the unlocked phone.

3. CrosshairDF2 macrumors member

Yes, you can add your wife's unlocked phone with a no commitment contract on her line. That's zero years ... which means you can upgrade her phone at anytime.

Your contract for that line will stay month to month until you upgrade your phone through AT&T. You can avoid a contract commitment for that line in the future if you don't get your next phone from AT&T.

4. fruktsuppe thread starter macrumors newbie

Success

I went to the At&t store today, and they ported my wife's number to a family plan with no contract. The people at the store didn't know about it, had to talk to a few until the manager knew it could be done.

Thanks for the help!