One Year Maciversary

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mac In School, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Jun 21, 2007
    Just blogged this, and thought y'all might be interested in hearing the perspective of a switcher, one year later...

It's officially been one full year since I made the switch from Windows to Mac. At first, it was fun. I was blown away by the interface. I thought it was cool that I didn't have to worry about Spyware and Anti-virus software. As time went on, things changed...

Continued in blog.

Sorry for the teaser. :) I hope y'all enjoy it.
  2. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    Heh, I did something similar on my Maciversary. I got my first Mac 4 years ago now and it still runs like a charm. Never had a PC that lasted this well!
  3. Mac In School thread starter macrumors 65816

Jun 21, 2007

One thing I'm wondering, that is impossible for me to test myself, is what it would have been like if I would have switched a few years ago, as you did. A lot has changed since then, particularly with the switch to Intel.

I'm really amazed by how good the freeware/shareware is for the Mac. My of my primary reasons for not considering the switch earlier was the fact that I lived and died by shareware, and obviously there is a bigger selection available to Windows users. But the stuff made for Mac is pleasantly surprising. It's almost as if I just don't have to sort through as many incomplete options to find a complete one. Was the shareware/freeware as good 4 years ago as it is now?
  4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Jun 3, 2006
    One Nation Under Gordon
    Congratulations. I will be 'celebrating' my 2nd Re*-Maciversary soon.

Happy lock-in to me.

I think I'll toss one out of the window to commemorate the occasion.

*Since I was an Apple owner in the 90s