One Year Old MBP Battery Life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Knolly, May 26, 2008.

1. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Okay, question or two for ya...

I've got a SR MBP that I bought right after they updated them (what was it, last July?). Now two mysteries:

1. According to Coconutbattery, I'm down to 51% health. How's everyone else's holding up?

2. Also according to Coconutbattery, my MBP is 13 months old. This is kind of incorrect and impossible. Does anyone know where it might be getting that date from?

2. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Have you calibrated the battery in the last year? You shouldnt be that low unless you have a extremely high cycle count. If you have calibrated the battery and are under 300 cycles I would call Apple and they will replace the battery.

They just did so with me and my MBP was two years old and out of warranty.

3. georgeoommen macrumors regular

I have the exact same problem. I bought mine soon after the SR update as well. about a week after iirc.

Now according to iStat widget, battery health is 51% and it has had 102 cycles. I calibrate my batter every 3-4 months. So far done it about 3 times since i bought it. Also the amount of time i get on the battery has gone down to the extent that i get only about 45minutes to 1 hour on normal use (safari, couple of chat windows, mail and maybe word or excel).

Gonna take it to the apple store next weekend and get them to have a look.

4. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

my battery was bought the same time. I am at 97-99%. Sometimes ill hit 100. yet it will also go down to 87%. Its crazy. Dont know what to tell you about your 13 Month thing though...

5. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

I had horrible battery life on my Feb. 07 bought MBP. It was lasting about 45 minutes and I was way under 500 cycles. I called Apple Care and they just had me read off some information about the battery that is located in system profiler and then had me send the information to them. I called them on Saturday and had a new battery on Monday.

Call Applecare and explain the situation. You will most likely get a new battery as long as you send in the old one once you get the new one.

Good Luck

6. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

You can just call AppleCare and they will ask you a few questions then ship you out a new Battery. I received mine less the 24 hours after I made the call. Then you just send yours back via pre-paid DHL service and you are good to go.

7. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Yeah it should not be that bad. Here is mine after 22 months. I recalibrate once a month or so.

Attached Files:

8. Jurwin macrumors regular

Jurwin

9. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Just charge full, set hard drive and all sleep settings to off. You can turn wireless on and brightness to full to drain faster and let drain all the way to automatic sleep and let sleep for 6 or 8 hours. Then charge to full + 2 hours.