OneDrive in iCloud Drive

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by enthusiastic, Oct 8, 2014.

1. enthusiastic macrumors regular

I remember seeing OneDrive as one of the locations in the "Locations" tab of the iCloud Drive in the June 2014 Keynote [I have attached a picture]. But I can't seem to enable it on my iPhone. Has anyone managed to?

Attached Files:

2. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

In iOS 8, any app can register as a cloud storage provider, and it will appear in that dialog. Onedrive was shown during the keynote, but I don't think the public version has been updated yet as I don't see it mentioned in the release notes for the most recent update. You can try installing the OneDrive app though and see if you get it. Otherwise it's just a matter of waiting for Microsoft to integrate support.

3. campyguy macrumors 68040

I don't expect to see iCloud support until Yosemite hits the interwebs - and then after the apps on the desktop and mobile platforms get updated.

FWIW, OneDrive for iOS was updated just today and support isn't there yet. I checked.

4. enthusiastic thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies. This is sad since I recently moved all my stuff to OneDrive. :/. I expected them to be quick since they were shown in the keynote.

5. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

One drive screen is available now from within the Microsoft Office suite.

6. enthusiastic thread starter macrumors regular

Can you elaborate please? Do you mean from Office for Mac? I was referring to the iPhone.

7. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

I was referring to the IPad versions, sorry can't see that on the iPhone versions.