OneDrive sync issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hervshahn, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Hervshahn macrumors newbie

Hi there,

first of all hello to all of you, I am new here and this is my first post - hope to get some help from you.

I am using Microsoft OneDrive to share a lot of data between my Mac and Windows clients, having currently about 35GB of data in use on OneDrive. Syncing does work fine on Windows, but does not work on my Mac (which is my primary computer). The OneDrive status is just something like "copying xx files ..." but files changed on the local drive are not synced to the OneDrive cloud....

I am using Yosemite and the latest release of the OneDrive app for Mac.

Does anyone had similar issues and found way to solve it - if so would you let me know?

Thx a lot and kind regards from Germany,

Hervshahn

2. Hervshahn thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello,

anyone here who can help? Or is this the wrong forum to post this? If so please let me know eager to post it, since I a new here and don't know ...

Thanks a lot and best regards

Hervshahn

3. gooch3265 macrumors member

Hi Hershahn,

I have exactly the same problem. I have found that if you let the app sit and sync for about 2 days it will eventually upload the local files into the cloud. It is just so terrjbly slow at doing so. It took 4 hours today to upload 1.8GB over a an ADSL2 connection. I am wondering whether my ClamXav antivirus software is the culprit but haven't had the chance to look into it.

4. PapaC macrumors newbie

Probably if it is still the initial sync the culprit will be as stated above.
    I use it for my documents, and my changes sync pretty quickly.