OneDrive

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Since SkyDrive has been re-branded to OneDrive, my way of WebDAVing into it has broken (Microsoft probably never wanted people to do it anyway). I was wondering if there was an alternative to using what is my only option now, the OneDrive website, which works fine but is kinda slow in TenFourFox.

Anybody know of any new ways PPC Macs can access OneDrive? :)

MrPilot

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2013
I was wondering if there was an alternative to using what is my only option now, the OneDrive website, which works fine but is kinda slow in TenFourFox.

Anybody know of any new ways PPC Macs can access OneDrive? :)
Ahhh Mr.Pilot would say use LepWK to enter the site, Eyoungren would say wrap the site using flow and Intell would say stay out of potentionally "unsafe" browsers and protocols...rabidz would suggest "overclocking" your GPU and CPU to get faster Onedrive performance.... who did I miss?
:D

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I hath been summoned by thy name. *Puts cheese hat on MrPilot's head* You missed Altemose. No need to put quotes around something that is a fact such as that.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
LOL! I gave up trying to access SkyDrive a long time ago. Office 2008 has a tool that lets you access it, but it's clunky and it's a drag and drop operation in to an app. Nothing like Dropbox. Considering that your method is broken, this probably doesn't work now either though.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Ahhh Mr.Pilot would say use LepWK to enter the site, Eyoungren would say wrap the site using flow and Intell would say stay out of potentionally "unsafe" browsers and protocols...rabidz would suggest "overclocking" your GPU and CPU to get faster Onedrive performance.... who did I miss?
Great suggestions. However, only one of them is viable.
I can't use Leopard Webkit since I'm on Tiger (something I should have mentioned in my OP, sorry I missed it) and I am certainly am not overclocking my beloved G4.

What is this flow thing you speak of and where can I get it? :)

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Thanks for your suggestions everybody but it looks like I'm just going to have to continue using the website. No biggie but it is a huge shame Microsoft didn't see to put any WebDAV or FTP support in for OneDrive.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Thanks for your suggestions everybody but it looks like I'm just going to have to continue using the website. No biggie but it is a huge shame Microsoft didn't see to put any WebDAV or FTP support in for OneDrive.
They actually just released an update for 2011 with new "Share to OneDrive" functionality that is supposedly better than the previous SkyDrive version. Perhaps this is more than just a rebranding.

----------

Actually Rabidz would say to emulate Mountain Lion on top of his overclocked G5 running at 3.0 GHz with a modified video card to run the SkyDrive application off the App Store!

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
No, no, no no! :D

He would be using those in-house, never released hush, hush versions of 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9 that Apple made for PowerPC. No emulation necessary! ;)
Ah yes those special builds that only he could have...

His stupidity was before my time on MacRumors. I was a long time lurker and always loved watching as you guys went after his dumb ideas. Why was he banned?

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
His stupidity was before my time on MacRumors. I was a long time lurker and always loved watching as you guys went after his dumb ideas. Why was he banned?
Ah yes, I had much the same experience when I registered. At the time the person was a user named Zen. But Zen knew what he was talking about - or didn't, depending on who you talk to.

No idea why rabidz7 was banned. It's not against the rules to live in an alternate reality. But trying to force it on others who do not share that reality is probably why.

MrPilot

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2013
Great suggestions. However, only one of them is viable.
I can't use Leopard Webkit since I'm on Tiger (something I should have mentioned in my OP, sorry I missed it) and I am certainly am not overclocking my beloved G4.

What is this flow thing you speak of and where can I get it? :)
If you can't use webkit for leopard then use webkit for tiger :D That's what I do on my tiger partition.

Flow = Fluid, like our beloved eric already spotted and corrected. What an amateur I can be sometimes

Tell you what, I'll reboot into tiger and will mess around with onedrive site as I already have documents there. Will let you know

----------

Actually Rabidz would say to emulate Mountain Lion on top of his overclocked G5 running at 3.0 GHz with a modified video card to run the SkyDrive application off the App Store!
Hahah :D

----------

no, no, no no! :d

he would be using those in-house, never released hush, hush versions of 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9 that apple made for powerpc. No emulation necessary! ;)
lol!

MrPilot

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2013
I hath been summoned by thy name. *Puts cheese hat on MrPilot's head* You missed Altemose. No need to put quotes around something that is a fact such as that.
LOL! haha yes but I don't know any of "Alternose's" traits yet :/

to OP: I checked OneDrive out and found both TigerWK (webkit for tiger) and TFF runs the site good. Even intro page and the "welcome video" played fine. I did notice that TFF was updating the URL bar every second... in any case try TigerWK and if you ever upgrade to 10.5, LepWK.

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
No, no, no no! :D

He would be using those in-house, never released hush, hush versions of 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9 that Apple made for PowerPC. No emulation necessary! ;)
Ah yes those special builds that only he could have...

Why do you think? Lol. :p
Ah yes, I had much the same experience when I registered. At the time the person was a user named Zen. But Zen knew what he was talking about - or didn't, depending on who you talk to.

No idea why rabidz7 was banned. It's not against the rules to live in an alternate reality. But trying to force it on others who do not share that reality is probably why.
Oh didn't know if it was the village idiot thing or something else...
He may have been banned, but his stupidity lives on...

Most of the specs are in my flair. I can't write all the specs in my flair, so I will write everything in this post. I first got my PowerMac G5 in Late 2005, and I haven't stopped upgrading it. I am a PowerPC fan, and I think I might have the fastest PowerPC personal computer in the world (servers and supercomputers don't count as PCs). My PC is also the fastest Mac in the world. It is from a time when Apple thought different, unlike today's policy of thinking the same and then suing anyone who thinks different. A time when a top-end Mac was the fastest gaming and editing PC in the world. A time when a Mac was not just a Dell with an Apple logo on it. A time when a Mac was able to be overclocked the right way, by moving jumpers and resistors. A time when Apple didn't crank out *****. A time when a Mac was designed and made in California.
PowerMac G5 Quad
Dual Power8 Multi-Chip Modules at 6.5GHz with ten dies and 960 threads total
64GB 1066MHz DDR2
SLI TITAN BLACKs
80+ Platinum 1000W PSU
2x1TB Samsung 840 Evo in RAID0
SATA III card (Connected to motherboard with PCIe riser)
30" 2560x1600 Apple Cinema Display
Mac OS X 10.5.8
Debian 7.20 (Virtualized)
Windows 8.1 (QEMU emulation)
PowerBook G4 17" High-Res
Single PowerPC 7448D at 2.6GHz with two cores 4GB 1066MHz DDR2
Radeon Mobility 9800 Pro
8Hr Battery Life
2x480GB OWC Mercury Legacy in RAID0
Built-in 17" 1920x1200 Display
Mac OS X 10.5.8
Debian 7.20 (Virtualized)
Windows 8.1 (QEMU emulation)
I've been given a whole lot of **** about the fact that I use a Mac. Look at the specs, and it is actually is better than most of your Windows boxes. My Mac plays any game I want at 2560x1600. It also runs professional animation software very well. I emulate x86 Windows to play Windows games; yeah, there is a severe CPU performance hit, but the GPU isn't emulated, so it isn't that bad.
Specs
TITAN BLACK at 1400MHz core, 2000MHz RAM (got a TITAN BLACK instead of a 780Ti, because I don't like intentionally crippled products. nVidia intentionally crippled the 780Ti's FP64 performance, and that pisses me off.)
Two 970MPs at 4.5GHz, 1.5v (Combined, they are about as fast as a 4670K at 4.5GHz)
Two 1TB Samsund 840 Evos in RAID0 (I like fast transfers of huge, sequential files)
1000W Internal PSU (I use about 750W of it. (600W taken by CPUs, 50 by RAM, 50 by SSDs, 50 by general components))
500W External PSU to power GPU (internal PSU only has 1x6-pin wire)
64GB of DDR2 at 1066MHz (I run a web server, and the bragging rights are nice)
I swapped out a 10K-ohm resistor for a 0-ohm jump. PowerBook doesn't work right. I am sending the logic board out to have some 10K-ohm resistors soldered on, so it will not die. When it is done, it will have the FSB at 200MHz. If it works, I will solder on a new CPU (7448).
The PowerMac is from '05. I wrote the GPU initialization code. I would have a TITAN BLACK, but the motherboard only has one 6-pin port, and I'm not going to draw 225W over a 75W trace with one of those adapters. On a PowerMac, PCIe power is sent over a a motherboard trace, not a separate cable.
I have always used Power Architecture, and I guess I am a fan of it. Power Architecture was used in PCs by Apple. Unfortunately, Apple does not use Power Architecture anymore; they use the same X86 that any piece of junk dell or HP uses. I still use my 17" PowerBook as my main laptop, and a PowerMac G5 Quad as my main desktop. I also have a Retina MacBook Pro and a 4930K gaming rig with CrossFire 290Xs. I am trying to completely stop using X86. I am going to have a BGA rework company upgrade the processor in the PowerBook to a 2.4GHz XPC7448, but I want to have a desktop that can replace my gaming rig. I think I will use the Cyrus Plus motherboard with a 2GHz 4-core and 8-thread QorlQ, as it is about as fast as a 4770K at stock. The Power Architecture is so much better than X86 that a Power Architecture CPU with the same amount of cores and threads and roughly the same process size as its X86 counterpart can be just as fast, while only clocked at about half the speed
I am considering getting an FCode initialization firmware built for a R9 270. With firmware issues aside, will a R9 270 work under OS X 10.5?
You can solder in a new processor with BGA equipment.
My '05 Mac has 64 gigs. It isn't x86, so this isn't relevant, but still... 8x8GB of 1066MHz DDR2. It cost a fortune, but the bragging rights are worth it. 2005 PowerMac G5 Quad. Dual 2.5GHz 970MPs (overclocked to 4.5GHz), IBM CPC945, 7800GTX512 (I'm working on cracking initialization firmware for the R9 270, but it will be a while).
I'm bored, and am wondering if anyone other than I would want this. I don't have the funds to build it, so don't get your hopes up.
Single PowerPC e800 (14nm, 64-bit, ~3GHz 4 cores + HT)
Eight SO-DIMM slots theoretically supporting up to 64GB 2400MHz DDR4 modules per slot
512GB max theoretical RAM
Quad-channel Northbrige RAM controller
Traditional frontside bus running at ~300MHz, pumped up to 2400MHz effective
All voltages and clocks configurable with DIP switches
SATA III
USB 3.0
eSATA III
Dual MXM slots
SLI 880Ms Support for Linux, BSD, and Windows (Windows support through emulation), no OS X support
Fits into any PowerBook
$3000 each

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
He may have been banned, but his stupidity lives on...
You know that the sad part is that I would have easily appreciated his efforts if he showed proof of getting more RAM working, overclocking, etc. Instead he gave us spoofed About This Mac windows and ultimately defied Intell's knowledge which I have yet to ever find incorrect...

Rules on online forums, if asked for proof show proof. If a known expert in the area challenges your statement and you don't back it up, then you look like an idiot.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Ugh those quotes of his. It would appear he is getting more bold in his statements. I've been incorrect about things before, and will be again. I'm only a human controlled Muppet.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Ugh those quotes of his. It would appear he is getting more bold in his statements. I've been incorrect about things before, and will be again. I'm only a human controlled Muppet.
:D We all are wrong sometimes, but the fact that you can name close to every detail on an iMac G3 makes you an expert around here, and it is further confirmed by your G5 rank. It was kind of a "who are you going to believe" type of thing between Rabidz and experts like yourself.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
If a known expert in the area challenges your statement and you don't back it up, then you look like an idiot.
Rules and a guideline…
If you believe the resident expert is wrong, ask a question.

If the answer proves the expert right and you wrong, the expert has imparted knowledge and you have learned something and the community benefits from the lesson. If the answer proves the expert wrong and you right, the expert has been spared public humiliation and you have shown respect to a resident expert of the community. The expert has saved face, you have shown proper respect and the community benefits from the lesson.

Of course, some people aren't worthy of respect, but better to give respect than to look the fool.

Just my opinion…from many, many years of online forums.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Rules and a guideline…
If you believe the resident expert is wrong, ask a question.

If the answer proves the expert right and you wrong, the expert has imparted knowledge and you have learned something and the community benefits from the lesson. If the answer proves the expert wrong and you right, the expert has been spared public humiliation and you have shown respect to a resident expert of the community. The expert has saved face, you have shown proper respect and the community benefits from the lesson.

Of course, some people aren't worthy of respect, but better to give respect than to look the fool.

Just my opinion…from many, many years of online forums.
That is some great advice right there. Back to the regularly scheduled programming...

What about using Document Connection that is included in Office 2008, or is that broken with the new transition to OneDrive.

Bug-Creator

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2011
Germany
I think I will use the Cyrus Plus motherboard with a 2GHz 4-core and 8-thread QorlQ,
No idea where that came from, but thats actually a thing :eek:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/printthread.php?t=66151

Well in reality that board will at best perform on G4 level per core (unless Altivec is used which it lacks), cost an arm and both legs, won't be in shop till 2015 (at best), won't be in any shop you've ever heard of, etc etc...