OneDrive

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by roadbloc, Apr 17, 2014.

1. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Since SkyDrive has been re-branded to OneDrive, my way of WebDAVing into it has broken (Microsoft probably never wanted people to do it anyway). I was wondering if there was an alternative to using what is my only option now, the OneDrive website, which works fine but is kinda slow in TenFourFox.

Anybody know of any new ways PPC Macs can access OneDrive? :)

2. MrPilot macrumors 6502

Ahhh Mr.Pilot would say use LepWK to enter the site, Eyoungren would say wrap the site using flow and Intell would say stay out of potentionally "unsafe" browsers and protocols...rabidz would suggest "overclocking" your GPU and CPU to get faster Onedrive performance.... who did I miss?
    :D

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I hath been summoned by thy name. *Puts cheese hat on MrPilot's head* You missed Altemose. No need to put quotes around something that is a fact such as that.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL! I gave up trying to access SkyDrive a long time ago. Office 2008 has a tool that lets you access it, but it's clunky and it's a drag and drop operation in to an app. Nothing like Dropbox. Considering that your method is broken, this probably doesn't work now either though.

5. roadbloc thread starter macrumors G3

roadbloc

Great suggestions. However, only one of them is viable.
    I can't use Leopard Webkit since I'm on Tiger (something I should have mentioned in my OP, sorry I missed it) and I am certainly am not overclocking my beloved G4.

What is this flow thing you speak of and where can I get it? :)

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

He means Fluid. Version 0.96 is the last PowerPC compatible version. It lets you build an app for your website of choice. It's based on WebKit, but I think it's Leopard only.

7. roadbloc thread starter macrumors G3

roadbloc

Thanks for your suggestions everybody but it looks like I'm just going to have to continue using the website. No biggie but it is a huge shame Microsoft didn't see to put any WebDAV or FTP support in for OneDrive.

8. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

They actually just released an update for 2011 with new "Share to OneDrive" functionality that is supposedly better than the previous SkyDrive version. Perhaps this is more than just a rebranding.

----------

Actually Rabidz would say to emulate Mountain Lion on top of his overclocked G5 running at 3.0 GHz with a modified video card to run the SkyDrive application off the App Store!

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No, no, no no! :D

He would be using those in-house, never released hush, hush versions of 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9 that Apple made for PowerPC. No emulation necessary! ;)

10. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Ah yes those special builds that only he could have...

His stupidity was before my time on MacRumors. I was a long time lurker and always loved watching as you guys went after his dumb ideas. Why was he banned?

11. ihuman:D macrumors 6502a

12. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Ah yes, I had much the same experience when I registered. At the time the person was a user named Zen. But Zen knew what he was talking about - or didn't, depending on who you talk to.

No idea why rabidz7 was banned. It's not against the rules to live in an alternate reality. But trying to force it on others who do not share that reality is probably why.

13. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Oh didn't know if it was the village idiot thing or something else...

14. MrPilot macrumors 6502

If you can't use webkit for leopard then use webkit for tiger :D That's what I do on my tiger partition.

Flow = Fluid, like our beloved eric already spotted and corrected. What an amateur I can be sometimes

Tell you what, I'll reboot into tiger and will mess around with onedrive site as I already have documents there. Will let you know

----------

Hahah :D

----------

lol!

15. MrPilot macrumors 6502

LOL! haha yes but I don't know any of "Alternose's" traits yet :/

to OP: I checked OneDrive out and found both TigerWK (webkit for tiger) and TFF runs the site good. Even intro page and the "welcome video" played fine. I did notice that TFF was updating the URL bar every second... in any case try TigerWK and if you ever upgrade to 10.5, LepWK.

16. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

17. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

He may have been banned, but his stupidity lives on...

18. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

You know that the sad part is that I would have easily appreciated his efforts if he showed proof of getting more RAM working, overclocking, etc. Instead he gave us spoofed About This Mac windows and ultimately defied Intell's knowledge which I have yet to ever find incorrect...

Rules on online forums, if asked for proof show proof. If a known expert in the area challenges your statement and you don't back it up, then you look like an idiot.

19. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Ugh those quotes of his. It would appear he is getting more bold in his statements. I've been incorrect about things before, and will be again. I'm only a human controlled Muppet.

20. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

:D We all are wrong sometimes, but the fact that you can name close to every detail on an iMac G3 makes you an expert around here, and it is further confirmed by your G5 rank. It was kind of a "who are you going to believe" type of thing between Rabidz and experts like yourself.

21. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Rules and a guideline…
    If you believe the resident expert is wrong, ask a question.

If the answer proves the expert right and you wrong, the expert has imparted knowledge and you have learned something and the community benefits from the lesson. If the answer proves the expert wrong and you right, the expert has been spared public humiliation and you have shown respect to a resident expert of the community. The expert has saved face, you have shown proper respect and the community benefits from the lesson.

Of course, some people aren't worthy of respect, but better to give respect than to look the fool.

Just my opinion…from many, many years of online forums.

22. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

That is some great advice right there. Back to the regularly scheduled programming...

What about using Document Connection that is included in Office 2008, or is that broken with the new transition to OneDrive.

23. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

No idea where that came from, but thats actually a thing :eek:

http://www.amiga.org/forums/printthread.php?t=66151

Well in reality that board will at best perform on G4 level per core (unless Altivec is used which it lacks), cost an arm and both legs, won't be in shop till 2015 (at best), won't be in any shop you've ever heard of, etc etc...