Onenote & Tablet type application

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by virgomac, Oct 29, 2008.

1. virgomac macrumors member

Ok, I don't need or really use One Note on the PC as much for its note taking and such. What I mostly use it for was its ability to be able to use my Bamboo tablet and literally draw/write my notes on any page in one note.

I was able to use my entire screen as a scribble board, letting me jot down ideas during my reading etc for school. Scribble away complex forumula's with out the bothersome typeing of getting the format correct.

I've looked at and tried so many alternatives that were suppose to be for one note and yes, they are great at the "note" part.

I just need one large piece of digital paper than I can draw/write on. Any suggestions?

2. virgomac thread starter macrumors member

Ok trying something new that I haven't tried yet, and forgot about. Forgot I downloaded the Crossover application this week. Have it installing Office 2007 now. Guess I will let you know how well, it works after it gets up and running.

3. virgomac thread starter macrumors member

Well, that worked quite well with one BIG problem for my part....

When trying to activate the "pens" it says I need to install Microsoft Windows Tablet PC Edition 2005 with Service pack 2. That comes standard with Vista so I didn't even think about that it would need that.

So I guess I am SoL unless you can someone download and integrate that in with the crossfire application. Which I am doubting seriously /sigh.

So back to my previous question, any software idea's?

4. virgomac thread starter macrumors member

Seriously? Nobody has any suggestions for an application to use to write with a pen tablet?

5. bigmat1201 macrumors member

I've never tried this, cause I don't have a tablet, but couldn't you go to textEdit, save a blank page, or multiple blank pages, as a PDF file, open the file in Preview, and write on it? I know this is not ideal, but it is free. Let me know if it works, I should be getting a tablet soon and I will be in the same dilemma your in if this don't work :(

There is a program you can get for your mac called Smart Notebook, here, I don't know how expensive it is, but I know it works because my Calculus 1 professor uses it to write his notes up for us.