Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 3, 2017
I think it's either PWM or DC Dimming so yes it eliminate PWM. The screen flickers much less with DC Dimming and is much better for people sensitive to the PWM screen flickering. I read once it has downsides too but I'm not sure what they are.
The downsides are color accuracy

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
It looks like the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition (say that 5 times fast) is coming to the USA after all, as a T-Mobile exclusive.

Reactions: noobinator

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
It looks like the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition (say that 5 times fast) is coming to the USA after all, as a T-Mobile exclusive.

Sign me up!

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
My wife is loving her OnePlus 7 Pro, except she can't seem to send videos over the built-in Messages app. And videos I send to her are extremely compressed.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
My wife is loving her OnePlus 7 Pro, except she can't seem to send videos over the built-in Messages app. And videos I send to her are extremely compressed.

That is because the stock messages app on Android is just using SMS/MMS so all photos and videos are going to be heavily compressed. On Android you'll have to use another messaging app like FB Messenger, Signal, Wire, Telegram, WhatsApp, Hangouts, etc

drmeatball

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2019
Ellicott City, MD
Just picked up a 1+ 7T.. trying it out for a bit, if I like it, giving the XR to my daughter. Love that XR, it's just too damn small in my hands (I'm 6'6") and the Pro Max is too damn $$.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
Trying to decide between this and a Pixel 4 XL for Black Friday. Anyone have experience with both? If so, what do you recommend?

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
Trying to decide between this and a Pixel 4 XL for Black Friday. Anyone have experience with both? If so, what do you recommend?

I have not tried a Pixel 4 but I just got done using a OP 7T for a couple weeks alongside my iPhone 11 Pro and I was VERY close to ditching Apple. The 7T is really better in every way except for slightly worse photos, slightly worse video recording, and no iMessage. If I wasn't so tied to imessage with my contacts I would've stayed with the 7T in a heartbeat. The display is great, 90hz on the screen is amazing, the gestures oneplus does is very close to iOS gestures, the phone flys in terms of speed and graphics, warp charging is insanely fast. Still having a wide angle lens is great and I found it right on par with the iPhone. The ability to take macro shots is really cool and not even possible on an iPhone. The in screen fingerprint ready worked really well, and the face unlock is lightning fast. OnePlus has a bunch of very nice features built into their launcher for customizing stuff. Like I said, I haven't actually used a Pixel 4 but if I had to guess the only upside to it is a slighltly better stills camera. From everything I have read their video recording is still garbage, there is no wide angle lens, theres no macro shot, less ram than the 7T, and it is more money. I think between these two devices, unless you absolutely need the greatest still shots, the 7T is far and away the better phone.

Honestly, I kind of regret sending mine back. Damn imessage lock in.

Edit: oh yea battery life...I was getting very good SOT on the 7T.

scottcampbell

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2017
I have not tried a Pixel 4 but I just got done using a OP 7T for a couple weeks alongside my iPhone 11 Pro and I was VERY close to ditching Apple. The 7T is really better in every way except for slightly worse photos, slightly worse video recording, and no iMessage. If I wasn't so tied to imessage with my contacts I would've stayed with the 7T in a heartbeat. The display is great, 90hz on the screen is amazing, the gestures oneplus does is very close to iOS gestures, the phone flys in terms of speed and graphics, warp charging is insanely fast. Still having a wide angle lens is great and I found it right on par with the iPhone. The ability to take macro shots is really cool and not even possible on an iPhone. The in screen fingerprint ready worked really well, and the face unlock is lightning fast. OnePlus has a bunch of very nice features built into their launcher for customizing stuff. Like I said, I haven't actually used a Pixel 4 but if I had to guess the only upside to it is a slighltly better stills camera. From everything I have read their video recording is still garbage, there is no wide angle lens, theres no macro shot, less ram than the 7T, and it is more money. I think between these two devices, unless you absolutely need the greatest still shots, the 7T is far and away the better phone.

Honestly, I kind of regret sending mine back. Damn imessage lock in.

Edit: oh yea battery life...I was getting very good SOT on the 7T.
You may want to look into AirMessage :)

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
Interesting! Never heard of that. I have a Mac mini I could use and free is always good.

Any first hand experience of it? I may have to give it a go.

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
Just got an email from OnePlus about a security breach. Payment info appears safe but email shipping address, phone and name may have been exposed :mad:

Welcome to online in 2019 in our ever digital online lives, another day another data and or security breach :rolleyes:?‍♂️

No wonder I reach for my computer less and less often...

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
Just got an email from OnePlus about a security breach. Payment info appears safe but email shipping address, phone and name may have been exposed :mad:

Welcome to online in 2019 in our ever digital online lives, another day another data and or security breach :rolleyes:?‍♂️

This seems to largely be a OnePlus issue. They have had similar security breaches in the past.

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.

Did you get the email today? I ordered a 6T and then 7 Pro direct from OP. No email yet though. Fantastic...

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
I also got the email this morning regarding the data breach. This is twice now for OnePlus. Very disappointing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.