OnePlus collecting user data

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by maflynn, Oct 11, 2017.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Looks like OnePlus has been collecting non-anonymized data from its customers.
    OnePlus is collecting your private data without permission

Wow, not cool, I know privacy is a figment of our imagination in 2017, but for a company to be so bold like that, I'm definitely turned off.

2. epicrayban macrumors 604

epicrayban

Yeah, I think OnePlus' reputation has just gone down the crapper for me permanently.

For a hundred or so more, I rather get the Pixel 2.

3. Roadstar macrumors 65816

Roadstar

It definitely has for me. The way they handled Secure Box triggered me to start selling off my OP5, and when this one popped up, I was glad I had nothing to do with the phone anymore. Never again, no matter what the spec sheet says.

4. Tsepz macrumors 68030

Tsepz

I guess this is what subsidises OnePlus devices. Nothing more valuable than consumer data.

5. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

One plus is now a flash before you use phone...great :mad:

6. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

@Michaelgtrusa has been trying to warn for some time now about some of these Chinese phone manufacturers going overboard on the data collection, but it’s a difficult conversation to have without getting accused of nationalism or some other -ism that does not exist. It’s about security, both individual and yes, partly national.